East Asian biomes.

Lion.Kanzen

Introduction.

East Asian biomes include the major biological ecosystems that make up the land area of East Asia, specifically China with Taiwan, Mongolia, Japan, and the Korean Peninsula. These vary from northern tundra and boreal to southern tropical and subtropical ecosystems, include several major mountain ranges, and comprise forest ecosystems, grasslands, deserts, and also important wetland systems. One literally outstanding globally unique feature of the region is the Tibetan-Qinghai Plateau, which forms the source of many of Asia’s major rivers and also drives the monsoon climatic patterns of the entire region. The region includes the world’s most populated country, China, and some of the most densely populated areas but also some of the least populated areas of the planet, including Mongolia with the lowest density. The region is unusually rich in both flora and fauna and has many distinctive endemic features and relic species.

• Like 5

• 11 months later...
3 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

你在视频中看到了什么? 有什么要强调的吗?

I want to emphasize one point about climate change, especially ancient China was warmer and wetter than it is now. Northwest China, which is now considered to be an arid region, used to have large forests. If we make ancient maps, this must be paid attention to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AIEND said:

I want to emphasize one point about climate change, especially ancient China was warmer and wetter than it is now. Northwest China, which is now considered to be an arid region, used to have large forests. If we make ancient maps, this must be paid attention to.

And how is that reflected in specific biomes?

----

Let's start with China, you should have learnt this when you were a child, how is China divided according to its biomes?

2 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

这又如何反映在特定的生物群系中?

----

先说中国吧,你小时候应该就知道了,中国是怎么按生物群落划分的?

We generally divide it according to climate zones, such as the most widely distributed temperate monsoon climate and subtropical monsoon climate, which affects the distribution of many animals and plants. For example, bamboo that can be seen everywhere in South China is rare in North China.
But what I want to talk about is other creatures, such as elephants, rhinos and crocodiles. Now the former two are close to extinction in China, but they were still distributed in most of China during the Han Dynasty. The armor made of rhino leather has been used for a long time.

Just now, AIEND said:

We generally divide it according to climate zones, such as the most widely distributed temperate monsoon climate and subtropical monsoon climate, which affects the distribution of many animals and plants. For example, bamboo that can be seen everywhere in South China is rare in North China.
But what I want to talk about is other creatures, such as elephants, rhinos and crocodiles. Now the former two are close to extinction in China, but they were still distributed in most of China during the Han Dynasty. The armor made of rhino leather has been used for a long time.

Do you have a map for that?

中国气候区划图 .

China: climate map - Students | Britannica Kids | Homework Help

7 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

你有那个地图吗?

中国气候区划图 .

China: climate map - Students | Britannica Kids | Homework Help

查看源图像

I can only find the climate distribution map of modern China, but I haven't found the ancient one, only this map of temperature changes from ancient times to the present.

竺可桢:中国近五千年来气候变迁的初步研究(全文存录)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AIEND said:

I can only find the climate distribution map of modern China, but I haven't found the ancient one, only this map of temperature changes from ancient times to the present.

竺可桢:中国近五千年来气候变迁的初步研究(全文存录)

That's the dataset from Zhu Kezhen, probably made around the 1970s. He was a brillant scientist but at this time the methods in palaeoclimatology were limited. This curve mostly follows the dataset from Camp Century ice core in Greenland. So I would not say it is accurate.

5 分钟前,Genava55 说:

那是朱可珍的数据集,可能是在 1970 年代左右制作的。 他是一位才华横溢的科学家,但当时古气候学的方法是有限的。 这条曲线主要遵循格陵兰世纪营冰芯的数据集。 所以我不会说它是准确的。

There should be newer research by now, but unfortunately I can't find it.

where is that?

The Père David's deer (Elaphurus davidianus), also known as the milu (Chinese: 麋鹿; pinyin: mílù) or elaphure, is a species of deer native to the river valleys of China. It grazes mainly on grass and aquatic plants. It is the only extant member of the genus Elaphurus. Based on genetic comparisons, Père David's dee

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

哪里是?

麋鹿(Elaphurus davidianus),又名麋鹿(中文:麋鹿;拼音:mílù)或elaphure,是原产于中国河谷的一种鹿。 它主要以草和水生植物为食。 它是Elaphurus属中唯一现存的成员。 基于基因比较,Père David's dee

At the end of the Han Dynasty, this animal was close to extinction, but at the beginning of the Han Dynasty, there were still distributions in the middle and lower reaches of the Yellow River and the Yangtze River.

• Like 1