Balanaced maps for A25

Yekaterina

As some of you who tested A25 may find, the Mainland map in A25 is still not quite balanced in terms of resource distribution. We would still require the balanced maps mod in order to generate very fair maps. However, this mod is not yet available for A25. Therefore it would be helpful if someone can convert this mod to be available for A25 (or show me the raw files and I will have a go). Also, why don't we implement it as an official feature? 1 Player getting 4 patches of berries while others having no woodline is not ideal. 

image.thumb.png.70068bbdbf2f8c8986cfcad7e10ca9df.png

Also, another problem: when I try to download mods in git A25 it is full of A25 mods and no A25 mods present. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

As some of you who tested A25 may find, the Mainland map in A25 is still not quite balanced in terms of resource distribution. We would still require the balanced maps mod in order to generate very fair maps. However, this mod is not yet available for A25. Therefore it would be helpful if someone can convert this mod to be available for A25 (or show me the raw files and I will have a go). Also, why don't we implement it as an official feature? 1 Player getting 4 patches of berries while others having no woodline is not ideal. 

There have already been substantial changes to mainland that make it more fair (e.g., https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4148). Resources should be relatively plentiful. Note 100% "fair" is not necessarily more fun because it makes the game more predictable (i.e., if I know you have a lot of hunt then I am more likely to prepare for a cav rush). Completely balanced maps alsp take away some strategy of trying to get the "good" spot that has a cluster of desirable mines. 

I do agree, though, that it would be nice to have the current balanced maps mod as an official map for those who want it. And, as it has been said elsewhere (e.g., https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/42909-metal-shortages/?do=findComment&comment=434039), it would be nice to have a balanced map option that is fair from a team perspective but not necessarily predictable from an individual player perspective. 

N.B. Balmaps mod doesn't equalize wood. 

• Like 1