suggestions for Next Alphas (A26-30)

Lion.Kanzen

On 06/07/2021 at 1:00 AM, Dragonoar said:

I did. I think the han chinese is quite ready for release, but the scythians still need some works, im talking purely about the art of course

The models, templates and mechanics are all ready. However, we need balancing advisors to discuss whether this civ is too unique... it has no ram and all of its siege engines are quite unconventional in comparison to other civs. 

On 19/06/2021 at 2:06 PM, Nullus said:

What I had in mind was a system where players could combine groups of soldiers into battalions. Players could give orders to a battalion as a whole, and all of the soldiers in the battalion would obey them, for example move and attack orders. Players could group soldiers into battalions and break battalions apart into individual soldiers. That way, citizen-soldiers would still be useful for more micromanagement for economy during peacetime, but they could also be easier to manage in battles. The description of D2175 is pretty close to what I had in mind.

If people come up with more advanced ideas for battalions, they could be implemented in the future, but I think that this would be a good base for them. 

I support this. Regardless of the implementation, I still think D2175 should be committed. It doesn't have to be implemented to all units. Combined with ProductionQueue it could make for some interesting results. For example, Sacred Band soldiers could be produced in a battalion of two, as they are historically.

• Like 1

I wish the cursor would return to its original state after using SHIFT+garrison.

Currently (and since ~forever) the garrison command 'sticks' to the cursor after using it with SHIFT, meaning one has to do some ~dummy right click or whatever to return it to its standard behavior before selecting another unit or building. I encounter it quite frequently, usually when I release a tower guy and order him to first repair the tower and then garrison inside it again.

On 11/07/2021 at 4:16 AM, azayrahmad said:

I support this. Regardless of the implementation, I still think D2175 should be committed. It doesn't have to be implemented to all units. Combined with ProductionQueue it could make for some interesting results. For example, Sacred Band soldiers could be produced in a battalion of two, as they are historically.

This can only be said for the theban contingent, I don't there enough historical evidences to make the case for carthage

5 hours ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

This can only be said for the theban contingent, I don't there enough historical evidences to make the case for carthage

As it turns out the answer for this is we know almost nothing about the punic sacred band, even the name we know might be misleading. I find it very interesting that this came up here as I just read about it a couple days ago https://www.ancientworldmagazine.com/articles/punic-sacred-band-clearing-up-confusion/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rework on some of the A6 architecture (mostly Persians and Celts, although Carthaginians and Hellenes could improve some buildings).

Implementation of Delenda Est economical system, coin 'resource'.

Smarter AIs, capable to recognize the inclination on the ground. More animations for citizens being garrisoned inside buildings and towers. Animations for them being garrisoned inside boats. Animations for them attacking nearby units from towers. Only citizen units (not those going in a horse, elephant or chariot) can be garrisoned in certain (most of) buildings. This could balance drastically the differences among heroes.

Climate effects (rain, fog, snow, clouds, sunny days, powder, bugs, breeze, night and day cycle, etc) + improved water effects (waves, stormy water tides, calm water tides, soft patterns around ships and units, etc).

The possibility to build bridges (in a similar way how walls are built), both basic (wood) bridges and advanced (stone) bridges shaped according to each civilization.

More non mineable rock formations in maps.

More basic colors for differentiating your team in the multiplayer mode, the possibility of changing those colors in the single player mode.

New camera mode; citizen view.

Sandbox mode. Build any building, from any civilization. Train any possible unit. No rival AIs.

More optimization....