3 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Ok np can u or any artist make one then? no hurry

Yes, I can make one, but we would have to decide first what to make, given that there are several different possibilities for the Xiongu Wonder.

22 minutes ago, m7600 said:

If I understand correctly, Tongwancheng was an entire city. If we're going with this, I'd say it would have to be a specific building in that city.

Tongwancheng.thumb.jpg.bcf5ac208e26985e88b3130e4ffeb049.jpg

I'm sure something could be made out of this.

15 minutes ago, Lopess said:

A little out of time?

Wouldn't it be wonderfully wondrous if that wonder was built maybe a little earlier by 'our' Xiongnus than widely assumed?

Just sayin' it might be less of a stretch to take something they actually had than fantasizing about some tents or wooden horses they might've had...

6 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I'm sure something could be made out of this.

Sure, but what? That could be anything: a temple, a defensive structure, a government building, etc. We would have to be specific about this.

7 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Just sayin' it might be less of a stretch to take something they actually had than fantasizing about some tents or wooden horses they might've had...

Fair point, I agree. But here's the thing: I don't know almost anything about Xiongu culture. Someone is going to have to do the research on this, otherwise I don't know what structure I should be modeling.

• Like 1

'cheng' means a city in Chinese. I have noticed that many of the Xiongnu names are Chinese, even the word Xiongnu itself is clearly Chinese. 

I asked my Chinese teacher about this and he said that many Xiongnu terms are in Chinese because Xiongnu people had no written text surviving, all of the sources were Han Chinese books. 

Tongwancheng has become a part of PRC. 

17 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

'cheng' means a city in Chinese. I have noticed that many of the Xiongnu names are Chinese, even the word Xiongnu itself is clearly Chinese. 

I asked my Chinese teacher about this and he said that many Xiongnu terms are in Chinese because Xiongnu people had no written text surviving, all of the sources were Han Chinese books. 

Tongwancheng has become a part of PRC. 

What language did the Han Chinese speak?

I guess my Chinese teacher in 2021 can understand a Han person from 2000 years ago in a hypothetical conversation, but the writings would not be understood because the ancients used more random curves / pictographs whereas the modern characters are based on a standardised set of strokes and nothing else. However, you can tell that they are the same langauge as all the characters are bijective (corresponding)

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

I guess my Chinese teacher in 2021 can understand a Han person from 2000 years ago in a hypothetical conversation, but the writings would not be understood because the ancients used more random curves / pictographs whereas the modern characters are based on a standardised set of strokes and nothing else. However, you can tell that they are the same langauge as all the characters are bijective (corresponding)

remember we want to incorporate the Han dynasty, We will need to create phrases for the units.

32 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

remember we want to incorporate the Han dynasty, We will need to create phrases for the units.

I think I can come up with the phrases, but in latinised alphabet or standard Chinese chatacters (because there is no way a computer can handle ancient Chinese characters). 

It is believed that Taiwanese (Minnan) is close to Old Chinese, while there are still debates about the actual pronunciation.

As a Taiwanese just tell me what you might need and I can do it.

Also Clerical script (the script style commonly used since Han dynasty) isn't too hard to read.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Thanks, but now this error came up:

image.thumb.png.69d1cbc62fad3cd5a7ac7174bc79da50.png

Can someone grant me access?

I can but maybe you should make a pull request, so it can be looked at ?

• Thanks 1

@Yekaterina You don't need to have access to a repo to make changes. As Stan said, you do this through pull requests. For example, you can fork the repo, then you make changes to your fork, and then you compare across forks in order to make changes to the original one. This is useful so that other people can review your proposed changes before accepting them.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, StarAtt said:

It is believed that Taiwanese (Minnan) is close to Old Chinese, while there are still debates about the actual pronunciation.

As a Taiwanese just tell me what you might need and I can do it.

Also Clerical script (the script style commonly used since Han dynasty) isn't too hard to read.

StarAtt you are from Taiwan? Cool! How different is Taiwanese dialect to Mandarin Chinese?