Xiongnu A25

Yekaterina

Link to my fork: https://github.com/Yekaterina999/xiongnu/tree/82533199e7442c4201e6642657ce8d906ec06d8f

Here is the default Xiongnu Structure tree freshly cloned off github:

image.thumb.png.2b71f814d0820cc5fceae79efb6cde8e.png

Proposed changes:

1. I like the idea of archer women - increase their attack slightly to 4 pierce?

2. Since they use the double curved bow, make their default cavalry archer offer stronger attack than default value  for other civs, but less than champion archers?

3. Some P3 buildings perhaps?

4. Increase the armour of some units?

5. Give them a dedicated corral for animal farming and a cavalry stable, so that units are trained faster and animals can be bred faster? 

6. More champions?

Edited by Yekaterina
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

Most nomad women doubled as small game hunters and camp defenders most children where put at on a horse before they could walk usually in front of a parent or older sibling.

Make women javelineers? I feel like these people already have enough archers just looking at the male population. Spartan women could throw javelins. 

4 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Make women javelineers? I feel like these people already have enough archers just looking at the male population. Spartan women could throw javelins. 

These people were born to use the bow, they did not even use slings and there is no evidence of javelins.

Made some changes:

1. Separate animal farms and cavalry stable. 

2. Women cost 50 food 30 wood, otherwise booming is too difficult. 

3. Women offer 9 pierce but range is only 30 metres as opposed to 72. 

4. Women get health boost and armour boost. 

5. Fixed some inconsistencies with other A25 aspects

2 minutes ago, m7600 said:

For the purposes of the Wonder, the tricky thing about this civ is that they were nomads. In general, nomadic people didn't make monumental buildings, though there are exceptions (According to some scholars, Stonehenge for example might have been built by Paleolithic nomads).

I like what Age of Empires did with the Mongolian Wonder: it's the Great Tent of Genghis Khan. I don't know if the Xiongu had a similar Great Tent. If they did, that could be their Wonder.

Dude this is a good idea!!

33 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I didn't say you said that, so much so that I didn't quote you, it's my words. I'm not an English speaker ok.

I just wanted to clarify. I'm not a native English speaker either. :victory: [Peace!)

40 minutes ago, m7600 said:

the Great Tent of Genghis Khan. I don't know if the Xiongu had a similar Great Tent. If they did, that could be their Wonder.

33 minutes ago, m7600 said:

This is what the Great Tent of Genghis Khan looks like in AoE2, together with a historical painting of it's interior. We don't know what this tent looked like in reality, we only know that it existed. But that gives more freedom to artistic interpretations

Yeah, hm. If we know that Tongwancheng existed, maybe take artistic interpretations on that?

• Like 1

"The city was built by around 100,000 Xiongnu of the Hu Xia dynasty under the command of Helian Bobo (Emperor Wulie) in 419. Helian Bobo, also known by his sinified surname as Liu Bobo, was a descendant of the Xiongnu chanyu who founded their steppe empire in the 3rd century BC. Helian Bobo died in 425 AD, and Helian Chang succeeded him as ruler of the city."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongwancheng

A little out of time?

15 minutes ago, m7600 said:

There's no model, Age of Empires 2 is a 2D game. They might have made the 2D assets with 3D software, but it would be impossible and illegal for anyone outside of the makers of AoE2 to have such files.

Ok np can u or any artist make one then? no hurry

22 minutes ago, m7600 said:

If I understand correctly, Tongwancheng was an entire city. If we're going with this, I'd say it would have to be a specific building in that city.

Tongwancheng.thumb.jpg.bcf5ac208e26985e88b3130e4ffeb049.jpg

I'm sure something could be made out of this.

15 minutes ago, Lopess said:

A little out of time?

Wouldn't it be wonderfully wondrous if that wonder was built maybe a little earlier by 'our' Xiongnus than widely assumed?

Just sayin' it might be less of a stretch to take something they actually had than fantasizing about some tents or wooden horses they might've had...

'cheng' means a city in Chinese. I have noticed that many of the Xiongnu names are Chinese, even the word Xiongnu itself is clearly Chinese. 

I asked my Chinese teacher about this and he said that many Xiongnu terms are in Chinese because Xiongnu people had no written text surviving, all of the sources were Han Chinese books. 

Tongwancheng has become a part of PRC. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

'cheng' means a city in Chinese. I have noticed that many of the Xiongnu names are Chinese, even the word Xiongnu itself is clearly Chinese. 

I asked my Chinese teacher about this and he said that many Xiongnu terms are in Chinese because Xiongnu people had no written text surviving, all of the sources were Han Chinese books. 

Tongwancheng has become a part of PRC. 

What language did the Han Chinese speak?