Installation: dev trunk is older than the "snap" version ?

Kim

I installed 0AD first through "snap" on my Linux computer. Worked for the 1st impressions, but is unhandy for some deeper modifications.

So i followed the guide (https://play0ad.com/download/linux/#Ubuntu) to install the current dev version, but curiously i only got version Build 10.11.2020 (24155-release) in which snap installed Build 14.04.2021 (24937-release).

Why is the official dev (much) older than that annoying snap version ?
In the guide is written "You can try a more up-to-date" ... i am a bit confused.

19 minutes ago, Kim said:

Why is the official dev (much) older than that annoying snap version ?
In the guide is written "You can try a more up-to-date" ... i am a bit confused.

DISCLAIMER: Some of the information below maybe outdated or incorrect as some maintainers have not yet had the time to update the packages. If you can’t wait and don’t want to use the snap or the flatpack, you’ll need to compile from source. See https://play0ad.com/download/source/

Basically the Ubuntu developper maintaining the PPA hasn't been able/had time to make it compile following the ubuntu guidelines so it's severly outdated.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 1:20 AM, Stan` said:

Basically the Ubuntu developper maintaining the PPA hasn't been able/had time to make it compile following the ubuntu guidelines so it's severly outdated.

@Kim There are many more mods available for that "severly outdated" version 23b of 0 A.D.

So I would not call it severely outdated.

If security of your pc is important to you then of course think about where you are downloading from. Flatpack, snap, etc may introduce the vulnerabilities that you do not want.

You deserve to know these things from the "official" maintainers of 0 A.D.