Alpha 25 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

Here is the fifth 'Release Candidate' of Alpha 25 - Yaunā

We've entered Commit Freeze, which means we only now fix Release Blocker issues that we might yet find.

Downloads - Current bundles are for SVN revision 25848

Things to note:

• Mind your mods -> they might introduce issues or Out Of Sync.
  • Save your A24 config file somewhere, ideally.

Notable changes since the last bundle:

• Broken run variant fixed.
  • Some formation could trigger errors fixed.
  • Patrolling and attack walk unit when in formation fixed.
  • Formation gathering treasures fixed.
  • Map generation of ngorongoro fixed

What to do if I have an error or notice something weird?

Post your commands.txt (replay) and the interestinglog.html file from your folder. You can also reply to this thread.

What to do if the game crashes?

Update your crashlog.dmp and crashlog.txt  see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

What to do if I have an Out Of Sync?

You should go in your logs folder, find the replay (commands.txt at least), the mainlog/interestinglog and find the OOS dump folder. Zip all these files and upload them here.
We need the reports from two players to compare them: One OOS and one non-OOS players at least should upload their oos_dump files.

Things you may want to test (non-exhaustive)

1. Launch a random game
  2. Launch a skirmish.
  3. Connect to the lobby
  4. Play on the lobby with someone
  5. Launch Atlas and try things out there
  6. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) (It's in scenarios)
  7. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu) See this  video
  8. Connect to and use mod.io
  9. Test replaying new games
  10. Test Screenshots (F2)
  11. Test Big Screenshots (Maj+F2)
  12. Test hotkeys
  13. Test Saving and loading a game.
  14. Test Quickload/Quicksave

And of course playing games.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Stan` said:

What to do if I have an Out Of Sync?

You should go in your logs folder, find the replay (commands.txt at least), the mainlog/interestinglog and find the OOS dump folder. Zip all these files and upload them here.
We need the reports from two players to compare them: One OOS and one non-OOS players at least should upload their oos_dump files.

i used a different port (+1) becouse a24 was at defaoult port.

( https://youtu.be/rmVKjoG1lZI )

1.png

2.png

metadata.json commands.txt

Edited by seeh
  • Thanks 1

@Stan`@Yekaterina

(Please note this a problem that exists between my keyboard and chair.  The problem is likely dumb but an answer would put me in the right direction.)

For Linux, would I just have to put the build and data files in the 'same folder' and build it as I would build SVN?  Asking before I over complicate everything, without a knowledgeable background, so that maybe I'll get close to correct on the first try.

9 hours ago, Dizaka said:

@Stan`@Yekaterina

(Please note this a problem that exists between my keyboard and chair.  The problem is likely dumb but an answer would put me in the right direction.)

For Linux, would I just have to put the build and data files in the 'same folder' and build it as I would build SVN?  Asking before I over complicate everything, without a knowledgeable background, so that maybe I'll get close to correct on the first try.

maybe searching for this helps you: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=SVN+build+0ad

• Thanks 1

@Stan`Got it, ty. 

@seehyea, definitely.  Just making sure that I'm approaching this the right way before spending excessive time on trying to make something work in a way that it shouldn't work.

Edit:  Everything works as it should.  Thank you for help.

Edited by Dizaka

What makes the difference now between unmanned and manned walls? Is there a difference between walls themselves and wall turrets in any regard? Is the new non-attack feature limited to wall turrets or does it mean that archers on any wall piece do not shoot anymore? Sorry, but all this is not clear to me. Thanks for your help. :)

I do not need to preserve any settings, saved games, etc. from previous RC builds, and I do not use any mods. So can I simply install the new build over a previous one of a25 RC2? The installer asks to first deinstall the previous version, which is nice. Are other steps needed? Thanks!

Edited by Ceres

3 hours ago, Ceres said:

What makes the difference now between unmanned and manned walls? Is there a difference between walls themselves and wall turrets in any regard? Is the new non-attack feature limited to wall turrets or does it mean that archers on any wall piece do not shoot anymore? Sorry, but all this is not clear to me. Thanks for your help. :)

Ranged infantry can be manned on the walls and they'll attack as usual. There is even more room on top! Just the corner pieces are attack-less now. (Else one could make many short pieces and thus abuse those corner towers.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1