Alpha 25 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

8 hours ago, azayrahmad said:

I don't think this is multiple instance problem. I've restarted and run Scenario Editor from shortcut first thing after restart, still got the same error. Checked task manager, no pyrogenesis.exe. I also don't think it's missing files as it is retrieved from SVN, I have compared local binaries/system with repo and it has the same content.

Probably this is wxwidgets? Never have heard of this before, but previously never had problems like this as well. I have just installed wxWidgets and how do I activate it?

Another solution: build without atlas options enabled, then copy this file into the binaries/system folder and relaunch. It should allow you to launch Atlas in Windows. Make sure you have wxwidgets installed correctly though, ticking all options as you install. 

AtlasUI.dll

12 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I've launched an autobuild. For some reason it's redownloading all svn so might take a while.

I am trying to rebuild on a windows laptop from scratch (the same laptop as the one used in my Youtube video) On that day it produced an error when I added --enable-atlas option. Today I retry without atlas option, then put the atlas.dll into the directory and the Atlas editor launched without error. 

What I did differently today was using the powershell to execute  update-workspaces.bat without any additional options. 

4 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

I am trying to rebuild on a windows laptop from scratch (the same laptop as the one used in my Youtube video) On that day it produced an error when I added --enable-atlas option. Today I retry without atlas option, then put the atlas.dll into the directory and the Atlas editor launched without error. 

What I did differently today was using the powershell to execute  update-workspaces.bat without any additional options. 

--enable-atlas and --disable-atlas 

Those options have no effect on windows, as they are only recognized by

update-workspaces.sh

Which is not called at all on windows.

The only option that exists on windows is

--atlas

Defined in https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/build/premake/premake5.lua

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Besides that my warship can magically materialize projectiles, it is also a total stormtrooper. Looks like it always aims at the head of that poor fisherman, naturally that would be hard to hit. (I assume the inner circle shows the minimum range, so that shouldn't be the issue?)

I think structures and siege are given an 'elevation bonus' and 'launch height' which changes the trajectory of the projectile. However, this is often not shown on actors and there is something worrying about projectile physics in 0ad: the value of gravitational acceleration (approximately 9.8ms^-2 on Earth) varies for different structures and units! This is the stats for a Quinquereme:

image.thumb.png.4f2a51ec7d1d5bb49aadb9b30dfd9c67.png

@Gurken Khan There are many issues with ships in 0ad and they are overlooked because most TGs happen on Mainland. If you can kindly start a new thread to report all of the problems you have spotted with ships that will help a lot. Most bugs and balancing issues for ships are trivial. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

However, this is often not shown on actors and there is something worrying about projectile physics in 0ad

There is no such thing as physics. Projectiles themselves are delayed damage handlers working with rather straightforward linear transformations.

There are purely visual actors accompanying them, but by all means, as far as game logic is concerned, they don't do anything.

Actual ballistics, and projectiles as entities dealing damage on collision is an interesting concept. None of the math will be extremely complex, so maybe an experiment for modders. I don't think several hundred projectiles would be that big of a performance concern even for JS mods since projectile paths would be approximated.

Also, while on the topic of ships and realism, there is also this, I don't know where the code is though. 

Edited by smiley
  • Like 3

My Theatron won't build:

0ad-futilehammeringontheatron.jpg.9da92396738fcdf26bcef64f288c495b.jpg

My women are hammering their best, but there is no building progress; you can also see that there's no numbers beside the hammer. I had to delete the building and do it again, then it progressed fine. There was some kind of flash on the screen when I first gave the order to build it, but I don't know if that got anything to do with anything; also the logs didn't register anything.

savegame-5362.0adsave

If you switch view to observer, you will see progress is done on the foundation.

Current issue with foundation is that they do not provide any vision by themselves so as long as you do not have sufficent vision on the object, what means your vision has to reach to the center point of the structure, you will see the mirrage of the object, what means last state you saw the object when you had vison on it.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Angen said:

If you switch view to observer, you will see progress is done on the foundation.

That's interesting. And feels very wrong.

43 minutes ago, Angen said:

Current issue with foundation is that they do not provide any vision by themselves so as long as you do not have sufficent vision on the object, what means your vision has to reach to the center point of the structure, you will see the mirrage of the object, what means last state you saw the object when you had vison on it.

I got the words the first time, I just didn't want to believe it. And it also doesn't make it clear to me why my women would have more vision on the object while hammering on it in the second pic than while hammering on it in the first pic.

1 hour ago, Angen said:

Current issue with foundation is that they do not provide any vision by themselves

I thought at one point they did? (a small visual that would otherwise be inconsequential, just big enough to be selected and see its progress/health).

32 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I got the words the first time, I just didn't want to believe it. And it also doesn't make it clear to me why my women would have more vision on the object while hammering on it in the second pic than while hammering on it in the first pic.

Position of the units.

Quick question:

Do any of the armor improvements and appropriate weapon improvements apply to Champion cavalry or only apply to Infantry in A25?

(that would be  the options in the blacksmith as opposed to the stable)

thanks

Edited by Old Roman
forgot to mention blacksmith

4 hours ago, Old Roman said:

Quick question:

Do any of the armor improvements and appropriate weapon improvements apply to Champion cavalry or only apply to Infantry in A25?

(that would be  the options in the blacksmith as opposed to the stable)

thanks

They apply to Infantry and Cavalry.

I wanted to make a map with some of the buildings already present to speedup the gameplay.

Sorry, but map editor is too complicated for newbies. Also I got some errors on generating. Can you please make it more userfriendly? Thanks.

image.png