Map Editor: Creating own map: How can i enable/allow ceasefire ?

Kim

Build 14.04.2021 (24937-relese)

MapEditor (not showing it's version details somewhere)

Loading the generated map in 0AD, i am unable to activate/set the ceasefire time.

Within the map editor i am not able to find an option or checkbox to allow/predefine that wanted ceasefire option.

btw: The "security check" is not only a privacy violation, it's reminding time is way too short. i have to do that the 3rd time now

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

Within the map editor i am not able to find an option or checkbox to allow/predefine that wanted ceasefire option.

There is no such option it's only configurable in gamesetup. I'm not sure you can force it either in the map XML

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

btw: The "security check" is not only a privacy violation, it's reminding time is way too short. i have to do that the 3rd time now

What security check?

31 minutes ago, Stan` said:

There is no such option it's only configurable in gamesetup. I'm not sure you can force it either in the map XML

What security check?

The one when i try to create a new topic. Finding hills etc. in different 9 images.

Hosting my map (and some others installed with the game) i am not able to set the ceasefire time:

ad1.jpg.378add35f800bed322939118cc7f6ad8.jpg

Switching to another map (without restarting the game or somthing similar; just selecting another map), i am able to select that option:

ad2.jpg.02fd155952822440b7522174b6021f45.jpg

I'm not sure you can force it either in the map XML

Where ? I am new to this game, so i would be happy if you could give me some more details.

I will try and report the result here.

I found the XML file by my own ... searching helped. Will give it a try and report results.

Edited by Kim
found xml by my own

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

The one when i try to create a new topic. Finding hills etc. in different 9 images.

Right sorry about that, we have a lot of spam attacks, and this is to prevent them from doing too much damage. It should work now :)

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

Hosting my map (and some others installed with the game) i am not able to set the ceasefire time:

Yeah scenarios have those restrictions, you move it to skirmish to lift it.

If you still want to be restrictive you need to edit the XML file of the map location depends on your OS https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

<![CDATA[
{
  "CircularMap": true,
  "Description": "In the deep Sahara Desert of Africa lies an  area of rocky outcrops and small oases. \n\nLarge stone quarries can be found in the cliffs, while wood and animal resources can be found near the oases dotting the landscape. Nearby fruiting Date Palms give an nice initial burst of food.",
  "Keywords": [
    "new"
  ],
  "Name": "Saharan Oases (4)",
  "PlayerData": [
    {},
    {},
    {},
    {}
  ],
  "Preview": "saharan_oases_4p.png",
  "VictoryConditions": [
    "conquest"
  ]
}
]]>

And add

"Ceasefire":15,

Like so:

<![CDATA[
{
  "CircularMap": true,
  "Description": "In the deep Sahara Desert of Africa lies an  area of rocky outcrops and small oases. \n\nLarge stone quarries can be found in the cliffs, while wood and animal resources can be found near the oases dotting the landscape. Nearby fruiting Date Palms give an nice initial burst of food.",
  "Keywords": [
    "new"
  ],
  "Name": "Saharan Oases (4)",
  "PlayerData": [
    {},
    {},
    {},
    {}
  ],
  "Preview": "saharan_oases_4p.png",
  "Ceasefire":15,
  "VictoryConditions": [
    "conquest"
  ]
}
]]>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Yeah scenarios have those restrictions, you move it to skirmish to lift it.

Tried it out - you're right. Saving the map in the tab "skirmish", restarting the game and trying to start the map again, i am now able to set the ceasefire option.

For all other users searching their maps on ubuntu systems (0AD installed through snap):

~/snap/0ad/206/.local/share/0ad/mods/user/maps/scenarios/

Thank you very much for your very quick and helpful response, Stanislas !

Ticket can be closed.

• Like 1

I am currently thinking about helping you - as a senior developer with my 30+ years of experience. To be honest, i would like to figure out a bit how much 0AD is fascinating us about some weeks (as very long and routined AoE2 players). I already throw a short view into the technical docs. Don't know if and where your project could need some assistance from me.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Kim said:

I am currently thinking about helping you - as a senior developer with my 30+ years of experience. To be honest, i would like to figure out a bit how much 0AD is fascinating us about some weeks (as very long and routined AoE2 players). I already throw a short view into the technical docs. Don't know if and where your project could need some assistance from me.

Sounds good, more hands won't hurt! You can drop by IRC if you want to chat with us directly, or you can ask your questions here if you prefer :)

• Like 1