When, How And Why Did You Get Your Nick?

Well, since i want to know how you got your nick, ill tell you the ZeZar story ... :(

Once there were a little 13-14 years old fellow, kalled Øyvind (oivi). He had a lot of different nick names, like Tolkien Fan +++. Then he was sitting on the internet and reading about coming games. Then he saw a cool thing, a game with warriors actually walking ON the walls! Cool! It was called Praetorians!

Well, he thought about making a clan, a Praetorians clan. So he thought that he needed a real Roman-like nickname, that he could use for a long time. Well, he called himself ZeZar! First like Ceasar, then CeZar, after this it was like ZiZar, and at last, he was happy with the idea of the nick ZeZar! or, (WarLord)_ZeZar as he called himself with the clan name ;)

Well, this is also his name today, though his clan still goes on, they now play Empires Dawn of the Modern World, Half Life with mods, Warcraft III, Battlefield 1942, C & C Generals, Call of duty +++. (A pretty big clan)

Well, just have to say that i was really dissapointed with Praetorians, NO wall walking MP. Though someone made some maps with walls, by hacking into SP maps with walls ;)

So, how did you get your nick ? :blush:

Yeah, mine was tough like that too.

I was first called Michael, then Michael Reiland. Eventually I decided to join them together and came up with mreiland :blush:

Although I normally use Recondite Phreak, which basically means, a Freak whose understanding requires above average understanding(more or less).

There was a boy who thought Bart Simpson was cool so as his nick, he called himself "El Rando" after Bart's alias "El Barto", and he still uses this name when playing games online. However, he became a fan of a Half Life mod dealing with Black Ops, and to show his support, he called himself Black Op. But the mod died off in mid 2003 due to several reasons, and Black Op wandered the Internet looking for somewhere to post on. September comes around and he sees WFG had new forums (he was following TLA for a while), so he joins up with the WFG community, and decides to use his old name. And that is my story. :blush:

The long story you say? Ugh :(

Well, I was originally a lurker over at aokh, and lurked, and lurked, and lurked (I did lots of lurking if you didn't understand). Apparently, there was this thread about n00b names, and how you'd spot them. So, since I was new to this whole idea of online gaming, started to look for a name that wouldn't be seen as a n00b nick. I *think* but can't really remember, that I found this name (Icy_Tripod) from reading...

Anyways, I joined tonto clan a while after that, and so added tonto to the front. But wait, there's more ;)

I had HUGE!! web problems, resulting in me being off the net for some very long time (6 months+). When I got back, I didn't find the old tonto site at first, and thought the clan was dead. Since none of my old friends were online either, I figured that was the case. So I played some tryout games for Carthaginian Forces (...bal clan on the zone, cF on ESO), and they let me join. I needed a ...bal name though, so I kicked my old name and made a new one -->toastabal (nope, no reason behind this actually, except it's what I came up with at the time. I guess I was thinking along the lines of toast (aka dead) toastable (aka killable) ---> toastabal).

But there's more ;) It took a while, but I found the old tonto site again, and of course rejoined my old clan :blush: However, since I wanted atleast remotely similar names, I ditched the old name, and went with cF_Toastabal and Tonto_Toastabal. Well, it took some time, but I got utterly bored of aoc and aom, so I quit, and realized I was spending too much time playing games on the web, I felt I had to quit. Being in a clan sorta made me want to play more and more. Well, I quit cF, but stayed in tonto, since that was more about foruming, and since I was no longer part of two clans, took back my old name. And that's it I guess :(

I got mine from playing conquerers against some kids online. I sent a small army into their town and they thought that it was my entire army so once they crushed it they sent out their troops. Meanwhile mine was sitting just out f his towns LOS and "BOOM", I destroyed him.

After I won he goes "wow, you snuck up on me like a phantom" and I liked it so I kept it. Tweaked slightly ofcourse :blush:

Alright guys, here is Timbo's story. ;)

In 2000 when I first had a look at online communities I went by the name "dunklaa_engel" (which means Dark Angel in German). My friend and I we founded an AoK clan, called BGE (best German eagles).

We broke up and the clan got dropped, but I didn't want to remove that BGE from my name. It can also stand for "Berlin, Germany".

Well, I like going with old things in that manner, so I stayed with it. :blush:

Well for me it would this........

Back in 2001 I wanted to play AOK: The Conquerors on MSN really bad. When it asked for my nickname the first thing that came to mind was Shogun. This was because I was fresh from playing a PS2 game about the Battle of Sekeigahara and so I had Tokugawa Ieyasu on my mind (both the PS2 and game were rented). Well at MSN when the page I saw that somebody already had the name of Shogun so after a few minutes of headbanging I settled on adding 144 to the name, this name was approved and I have used it ever since. And you know what when I got to play The Conquerors on MSN, it stunk! I have pretty much stayed away form mutiplayer ever since.

:drunk:

Well, mine is rather easy.

I read the Silmarillion and I was fascinated by one of its main characters, Feanor.

I first took Feanor as a nickname on chats back in 1996 ... but soon, a lot of people started using it (because more and more people chatted) ... and it proved that, little by little, I could not use Feanor as my nickname ... did a bit of research here and there and found out that Feanor's real name was Curufinwë.

Even up to now, very few people know Curufinwë ... as a matter of fact, if you check on ICQ, there are very few people with such a nick ... just wanted to make it unique! :band:

PS: my wife's nick used to be "xiane" ... but since we got married, she has changed her name into curuxiane ... :banana:

I don't quite remember when I got my nickname or what I needed it for, but I wanted something that sounded Sumerian, like an echo of ancient cities in Mesopotamia, or Semitic. I made it up. The result was, apparently, a surname that is somewhat common in Thailand.

There's a Jewish festivity called 'Sukkot' so I didn't do that bad, as far as the 'Semitic feeling' thing goes.

EDIT: about 'chichi'... well, it's vulgar slang for 'vagina', more or less. Of course, this may vary depending on the dialect.