Millenium AD A25

Yekaterina

Changes:

1. Declared the mod as compatible with A25

2. Gave Umayyads ram and siege tower.

I have not done intensive testing of the mod yet, but my instinct tells me that it works and all factions deserve some sort of siege engine. 

The structure tree loads perfectly. 

• 3 months later...
On 05/09/2021 at 4:33 PM, Yekaterina said:

https://github.com/0ADMods/millenniumad

This is the link. 

I think you need to edit the mod.json file to make it compatible with A25.

Open mod.json in the zip with a text editor.

Find the line where it says 

0ad=0.0.24

Then change it to 

0ad=0.0.25

Why is this manual adjustment needed? Can't this be done, so it works right from DLing from mod.io? Sorry in case I have overseen something?

1 hour ago, Ceres said:

Why is this manual adjustment needed? Can't this be done, so it works right from DLing from mod.io? Sorry in case I have overseen something?

The zip file that can be downloaded from Github already has the modification for A25 done in the json file.  After adding the folder inside the zip to the mods folder I was able to see the mod from within the game and enable it.

On github the zip file is not immediately obvious, but when you click on the green code button it appears as an option to download.  I only mention these details for people who may be as dense as I am and need to poke around for what is probably obvious to everyone else.

I've been having a blast playing the mod again which I've missed since A23.

• Like 1

I've played 9 games of medium mainland or continent 4 vs 4 against Norse, Anglo Saxons, Carol. and Byzantines with ptolemies, mauryas,and Persians as allies to my Romans (I really like to win:)).  There were zero crashes or error messages.  The AIs were pretty matched to each other with no civs noticeably dominant.  If anything weird happens in future games I will let you know.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys .. super random question : what's the status of Millenium AD?

Looking at the forum, it seems like it's been a couple of years that it has been abandoned, but I don't know if there's still interest in the mod. I think it was pretty cool to have a medieval version of the game and - not gonna lie - with AOE around it would be very much needed! :)

Thanks Yekaterina for bringing it up and working to optimize it for the current version! But also: is there a way to contribute to keep it alive from an artistic POV? (meaning concept art/modelling/visual design..) . I'm considering this possibility, but also I have no idea if there's some interest behind, or if the focus of the dev team is on the future releases and optimizations of the main game?

Sorry for the random comment ehehe I'm just trying to understand how it works here, I'm a total noob :) 

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1