Error building 0.24 at linking pyrogenesis

Oak

Hello community!

After I tested 0ad on my secondary computer, I set to compile it from the sources, since I cannot install newer OpenSUSE Linux 15.3 Alpha/Release Candidate (yet). I resolved all dependency issues and now it seems I get exactly the same error as @Karnorth85 with 0.23 some 3 years ago, here's my error:

Linking pyrogenesis
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbisfile
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lidn
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnutls
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [pyrogenesis.make:81: ../../../binaries/system/pyrogenesis] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:71: pyrogenesis] Error 2

He resolved that by updating libsodium to 0.16. I have the 0.16, but it's been 3 years since then. I cannot get newer than 0.16 from official repositories, but I can get user-built package of 0.18. 

Do you think this is the issue? So that I know whether it is worth trying before I break anything...

Hi. The compiler cannot find files: libboost_filesystem.so libboost_system.so libvorbisfile.so libidn.so and libgnutls.so on your system

If they are installed, you can force library search path with this string:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/directory/contain/libraries ./update-workspace.sh

...If not, you need to search and install rpm packages with names boost, libvorbis, etc

Edited by nwtour

On 17/05/2021 at 9:38 PM, nwtour said:

Hi. The compiler cannot find files: libboost_filesystem.so libboost_system.so libvorbisfile.so libidn.so and libgnutls.so on your system...

Oh! Apparently I'm blind during late hours! :-D Thank you very much for pointing that out.

The problem might be, that it's looking for lboost but it's called libboost in OpenSUSE, same for libvorbisfile. It that's the case, I'll do symlinks with required library names.

Edited by Oak
  • Like 1