Export key bindings as JSON file? (useful to create and print out nice keyboard templates)

Hello!

Would you like to consider adding a possibility to export (default or user-customised) key bindings as a JSON file? Players of 0 A.D. could use this file to create and print out nice keyboard templates, which are maybe useful especially for new players of 0 A.D. The tool where this JSON file is to be imported (currently, pasted into) is available there:

https://isometricland.net/keyboard/keyboard.php

Example:

1.png

I posted this already in another thread but felt that it was getting OT there. Hopefully, you agree with this new thread here. If not, I will remove it.

A GitHib repository is available, and I use the opportunity to link to a thread there about this topic:

https://github.com/mjhorvath/Video-Game-Keyboard-Diagrams/issues/11#issuecomment-840135466

Currently, the tool cannot yet show combinations of 3 keys on the keys themselves. But below (in a footer), one can add such information, incl. also mouse-wheel/-click combinations etc.). I am not affiliated with the author of the tool but find it quite nice and therefore also hope that you do not mind that I kind of advertise it a bit here. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceres said:

Would you like to consider adding a possibility to export (default or user-customised) key bindings as a JSON file?

If you want the json formatted for a specific tool I'd say make it a mod, unless there is just one such tool or one which basically defines a standard. Otherwise the json should be what makes most sense for 0ad. That format could also be used as a replacement for the current ini-style hotkey configuration which might be desirable anyway, so you can map a user facing string to the key value pair for instance. Then a script to convert it to different tools could be added.

• Like 3