Migration of Aristeia Mod to A25

Yekaterina

I am currently attempting to migrate the Aristeia Mod from A23 to A25 compatible, but I have encountered many difficulties doing so. 

First of all, the file paths are different. This has caused quite some trouble renaming files and editing the paths. 

Secondly, and the most concerning problem is that many icons and models are missing. I doubt if this mod would run perfectly smoothly even on A23: there is no custom icon at all for Archaic Hellenes, yet the structure templates point to icons located in the Egyptian folder, which obviously contains no Greek files. 

My initial approach is to restore the civs one by one, starting with Archaic Hellenes, because all of them together is near impossible to debug. Now it seems that Hellenes need some work by whoever made this mod, at least perfect the models! When I loaded them up, I got a purple horse! 

image.png.2bf7c22b48b5cd850ea69e3c36bc93d4.png

Before I go any further I would like to request whoever made this mod to check the integrity of the models folder, and please get a better model than a purple horse. 

I will have a go at restoring Egyptians, as they seem to have the most complete models set. 

I also found Divided Kingdom Judahites in the mod, perhaps I can incorporate some of its models into the Judean Mod? But one must note that Aristeia focuses on civs before the Bronze Age Collapse, i.e. earlier than 1000BC, which is quite far from the relatively new Judeans around 0AD. 

The challenge of restoring Aristeia foreshadows the difficulty or recovering Millenium AD and Terra Magna Mods. However, I will continue to work on them, but at a very slow speed. If anyone would like to prioritise the restoration of certain civs please post your requests here. 

Aside from the models, I would also like to request historians to confirm whether some the details are correct. I am not sure if Spartan Royal Guard should appear in the Mycenaean army as champion unit... I am also very suspicious in rams were invented at that time... 

Just now, Stan` said:

@Lion.Kanzen and @Zophim were the people working on it, @s0600204 and I have done some fixing, but the mod changed directions many many times.

Ok no problem. I might try Egyptians then. 

Or if you guys would like to see Zapotecs restored first I can also prioritise that. This is 0AD, after all, not 1000BC

Just now, Yekaterina said:

This is 0AD, after all, not 1000BC

Actually 0 A.D. was supposed to be the name of the franchise (e.g. Age of Empires)

The game you play is called Empires Ascendant, and the Suebi, Imperial Romans, Parthians ex were supposed to be Empires Besieged.

• Like 1

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

it is better to focus on Egypt.

OK. I will drop the Myceneans. I think my approach would be to restore the civs separately instead of in a pack, so that people who only want 1 faction can just download the mod for that 1 faction. 

It is also easier for me ; )

• Like 1

First of all make it functional.

Use some new models to fix historical inconsistencies.

It's will be hard for me to learn to do Wacky and Alexandermb's work.

But I will make props for the units.

6 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

OK. I will drop the Myceneans. I think my approach would be to restore the civs separately instead of in a pack, so that people who only want 1 faction can just download the mod for that 1 faction. 

It is also easier for me ; )

that would be good 

19 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Emm are the music tracks original? They are nothing like other 0AD tracks. I hope they are not copied from other artists because Millenium AD contains Antti Martikeinen's music tracks. 

For both mods we asked permissions.

1 minute ago, Yekaterina said:

I did install it and use your Dll..

I am jumping into Linux now, I got atlas there

Not gonna help, something is wrong in the template. I asked about atlas because I get that error sometimes, but in your case it's different.