Project: migrate A23 mods to A24 and A25.

Yekaterina

There used to be some very good mods back in A23 that enriched our 0AD gaming experience, but sadly these mods are no longer compatible with A24 and the upcoming A25, which is why I am starting a project to make these mods compatible with A24, A25 and later releases. Personally I am taking on Judeans mod and working on Aristeia mod, but there are many more A23 mods to be transformed. I need volunteers to help me, because I don't think I can manage the whole list of tasks on my own. 

List of A23 Mods (not exhaustive): 

1. Random civ selection groups (functional)

2. Show available housing (functional)

3. Castle Blood (new game mode)

4. Cartography (functional)

5. No violence (functional)

6. Utility Any IP (functional)

7. City builder (New game mechanics)

8. Tower Defence (New game mode)

9. Special builder (New game mechanics)

10. Community map 

11. Technology tree (New game mechanics)

12. Borg expansion pack (most of it is quite similar to A24)

13. Age of 0AD (New game mode and mechanics)

14. Terra Magna (new civ)

15. Millenium AD (new civ)

16. Ponies Ascendant (new civ, new mechanics)

17. Formation fighting mod. (new mechanics)

18. Faction-Specific resources. (new mechanics)

19. Aristeia (new civs, new theme)

Here are some A24 mods that have been spotted to be incompatible (directly) with A25:

• Thebans
  • Pretty much all of my mods :D 
  • Autociv by nani

The reason why these mods expire is there is a minor file hierarchy system change, causing the modloader and civloader to be unable to find necessary template xml files. The solution is often to rename certain files and move them across some folders. You may look at the public.zip for the current version as a guidance. Since 0AD is very modular we can easily swap out corrupt files and slot in fixed files and rename them. 

I will be prioritising the civ mods because I am better at editing civ tree xml files than javascript files. If I find more mods to edit I will list them here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I still think that the mod selection menus could be more intelligible to newbies. You all here on the forum know how to deal with it, but a novice user cannot distinguish what exactly each mod type, compatibility etc. 

Edited by Sturm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sturm said:

I still think that the mod selection menus could be more intelligible to newbies. You all here on the forum know how to deal with it, but a novice user cannot distinguish what exactly each mod type, compatibility etc. 

Agreed. The mod selection screen looks pretty convoluted and unintuitive. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sturm said:

Can you draw the ideal interface of the mod selection menu? I might be able to implement it if you show me what you mean

The goal of the mod is to add mythological beings to the chosen factions and to have also gods in it and abilities. There is quite long list on discord.

mod was started in a23b and then i did some update to a24 but i stopped at some point.

development of the mod kind of stopped somewhere in a24.

So there is quite long list of things that need update for a25 given some files are very moded to even resume the work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...