Error Adding Judeans to structure tree.

28 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

What could be wrong?

Bug in mod.
simulation/data/civs/jude.json:            "Template": "units/jude/cavalry_javelinist_b"
but real file is units/jude/cavalry_javelineer_b.xml

Edited by nwtour
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

This was pulled straight from A23 and I was trying to run it on A25 so that could be the problem. What has changed between the 2 alphas, in terms of file heirachy?

File names in your archive do not match github
Here jude_cavalry_javelinist_b.xml https://github.com/0ADMods/judeans/tree/master/simulation/templates/units
In attached archive cavalry_javelineer_b.xml

This causes the error specified in the subject.

If you download the version from github, there are other errors ;-)

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'units/jude_infantry_spearman_b'
ERROR: Invalid template found for 'units/jude_infantry_spearman_b'

Here they are really related to the changed template name search algorithm (new version search in units/jude/infantry_spearman_b, old: units/jude_infantry_spearman_b).
https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2952

Edited by nwtour

Yes. I will edit the names my way then, based on Aw4 template. Most A24 mods work for A25 so I guess I will stick with this new logic. It will take some work but I think I can pull it off. I would appreciate some pretty models (not Seleucid props) for the Judean civ.

36 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Thank you so much @m7600

The mod will be ready soon. We might consider implementing this civ. It's like Iberians without the op defence.

They are basically army infantry melee and range infantry, little cavalry.

And good economy, several resources, especially olives and grapes..

Good with livestock, they had enough to sacrifice at the Temple.

I have partially fixed the Judeans for A24. It is somewhat playable (assuming you don't want to win).  ;)

Dear @Lion.Kanzen, the biggest problem here is a lack of planning. Only some units have models and there is a general lack of models for advanced rank and elite rank. This civ also has no siege weapons nor a location to train hero from, which is very concerning. I suggest you re-plan the civ and re-design the structure tree, then I will fix it according to your plan. If you can't provide actors and props then I can borrow stuff from Seleucids, Persians and Ptolemies for now. 

Here are some screenshots to illustrate how ridiculous they are right now. Many props are missing. 

307144327_Screenshot2021-05-13151826.png.988a3106b6fa13a0f4f745b3f7bb39b2.png110955826_Screenshot2021-05-13152242.png.f09b036a577aeac878d08c2146ed8a5c.png2086151869_Screenshot2021-05-13151902.png.987575566736581b721f2218be064dad.png

5 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

the biggest problem here is a lack of planning. Only some units have models and there is a general lack of models for advanced rank and elite rank

As always most mods was not my idea but, I work on other people's mods.

This is one of those mods.

I think we have 2 mods in this state.

Illyrians and Thracians.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

No one had covered about Yekaterina was going to fix our problems with mods

You can give me a list of mods that you want me to fix. Also can you enable me to post on balancing threads as they seem to be limited to Devs and advisors only, but perhaps I can direct them to a mod that I already made to test their ideas. 

I can manage the technical bit with mods but I don't have any artistic tast as seen in my blueberries, so still need artists for models and icons.

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

You can give me a list of mods that you want me to fix. Also can you enable me to post on balancing threads as they seem to be limited to Devs and advisors only, but perhaps I can direct them to a mod that I already made to test their ideas. 

I can manage the technical bit with mods but I don't have any artistic tast as seen in my blueberries, so still need artists for models and icons.

Terra Magna

Aristeia

Millennium AD

Xiongnu mod

Thracian mod 

Illyrian mod

Eyecandy mod 

Thanks.