A25 Feedbacks from testing

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

It's in the main menu :)

thats great and helpful. f i start a game i using SVN and i read my revison there from the termial.
today i host a game in A25 in wrote the revsion in to the game name.

becouse i think other probably cant know my revision ?

Edited by seeh

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/UnitAI.js line 4943 cmpAttack.GetBestAttackAgainst is not a function UnitAI.prototype.GetBestAttackAgainst@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4943:19 Order.Attack@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:400:19 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.PushOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3873:16 UnitAI.prototype.ReplaceOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4039:8 UnitAI.prototype.AddOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:5250:8 UnitAI.prototype.Attack@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:5470:7 attack/<@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:211:14 attack@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:210:67 ProcessCommand@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:53:23

ERROR: Failed to call ProcessCommand() global script function

Got this with both DE and EA. Create a formation of troops (hoplites in this instance). The default close order formation works. Now task these dudes to gather a treasure. They won't move (glitched out; perhaps a known problem?). Then task them to capture a building. Voila. That error is generated and they still do not move.

Can anyone else reproduce? I can reproduce it very easily and consistently. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Got this with both DE and EA. Create a formation of troops (hoplites in this instance). The default close order formation works. Now task these dudes to gather a treasure. They won't move (glitched out; perhaps a known problem?). Then task them to capture a building. Voila. That error is generated and they still do not move.

Can anyone else reproduce? I can reproduce it very easily and consistently. 

Treasure bug is trigger for error you see.

It is even worse because controller went into individual state so formation will not respond at all.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP24989

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

metadata.json 198 kB · 0 downloads commands.txt 1 MB · 1 download

Here are the replays. 

Another small problem: 0ad seems to interfere with KDE window effects. When 0ad is running, all window effects like wobbly windows, magic lamp and any animations would disappear. 

Thank you,

this one is really mysterious and I can’t see way how it can happen code wise. It looks like something else is changing variable when it should not. Most likely it will be not fixed anytime soon.
Ticket: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/6265

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

Didn't houses have an 'occupied' flag?

The issue is known and the ticket has been updated.

• #4581 - Flags for all garrisonable buildings and units (20/May/17)
    • only "Ptol and Kush" have a garrison flag on their houses.
    • garrison_flag_houses.thumb.jpg.f3d4071a415b5e1e88c10b0694839256.jpg
1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

I think it's really wrong that buildings show the flag of the original builder and not the current owner. Who would fly the flag of the enemy after capturing a building?

Ticket created

• #6284 - Display the correct emblem for garrison flags on captured buildings (19/Aug/21)
  • Thanks 1

houses, ships, rams don't have an 'occupied' flag. should? then more consistent? but rams also don't have that. and of course its a strategic change if some objects have 'occupied' flag or don't have it.

a rule? not movable building have it and movable don't have it? that's not good understandable for beginners, but maybe the best rule for explain to the actually game.

image.png.1159e1529085d3fafdaef8850fc2bd04.png

Edited by seeh

Actually the reason most animated objects don't have it is because it has been broken for a long time.

For the houses and such it's currently not possible engine wise to have the conqueror's flag as all the garrison flag are hardcoded in actors and controlled by artists unlike rally points.

Yeah anyway adding flags to houses is not hard, I'll see if I can do it for A26 or teach someone how to do it.

It's basically:

- Import Dae in Blender (make sure to click import units

(Some models might not import (correctly or at all) or reset all prop points be careful)

- Add a new empty object (shift +a)

- Rename it prop-garrisoned or prop_garrisoned (game doesn't care)

- move it to the correct location

- parent it to the building Ctrl + P with both selected and the structure as active (light yellow)

- Export back.

- Update the actor to use props by adding

<group>
    <variant name="ungarrisoned" frequency="1"/>
    <variant name="garrisoned" frequency="0">
        <props>
            <prop attachpoint="garrisoned" file="path to flag"/>
        </props>
    </variant>
</group>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...