A25 Feedbacks from testing

On 17/06/2021 at 11:39 PM, wraitii said:

Would you happen to have the replay of that? The units should be able to unstuck themselves, but it's plausible in such situations that this doesn't happen because of the overall movement from everything.

I can provide the replay. The problem occur from 6:40 to 7:20 when I sort them out manually. For testing purposes, I should just had them let them be and see if they solved it by themselves, but instead I solved it manually.

2021-06-17_0001.zip

I just tried romans and I really like the compromise that was reached at the army camps. Training the rank 2 units is a nice perk for the camps and the rams make them a lethal threat. I think I prefer this so far to the a23 camps where a great variety of ranged siege was available to torture civs like ptol and gauls/brits from the back of the base. In a23, the army camps were mostly used either to quickly spam out some siege weapons without a fort or to do what I previously described.

Nice work!

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007

On 17/06/2021 at 11:39 PM, wraitii said:

Would you happen to have the replay of that? The units should be able to unstuck themselves, but it's plausible in such situations that this doesn't happen because of the overall movement from everything.

We had a few reports of similar situations in past alphas - this type of situation is basically the worse case of the current pathfinder system...

I had a ram in front of an unlocked gate, but it could not go through, because a bunch of my healers (maybe 8?) were standing (idle) between the ram and the gate opening. Should there be some kind of automatic pushing in such a situation, or is it the responsibility of the player to keep the gate clear? Sorry that I have neither screenshot nor replay.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

A very strange behaviour of the petra bot: it sends women to chop wood at my base after a rush. I don't think this is a strategic masterpiece...

I've seen sth like that before; my ally's AI rushed (and I believe it captured a storehouse, which was very short lived) and then a woman would travel ~half the map to chop wood there.

edit: she went forth and back several times; maybe she was finishing that one special tree...

edit2: I looked if I could find a relevant save; and I did. When I load it and just let it run, I can see my ally commencing the attack and capture the storehouse; 2 mins later (10:10) I see the loaded woman walking by. HTH

savegame-5349.0adsave

Edited by Gurken Khan
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Ai never resigns

Solution: just kill it! :)

Sometimes I miss a woman standing around somewhere, but that's still less hassle than back in the day when I had to hunt down every last orphaned fishing boat (although I got pretty good at guessing where they're at) or checking every puddle on the map because as a last resort the AI would put down a foundation of a harbor...

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

Ai never resigns as it's not made for it. Someone is working on jt. Maybe for A26

played VS ai in the lobby and this time the game ended normal.

I didn't talk about the AI giving up  I mentioned that the AI no longer existed (no buildings, 0 pop) but the game still didn't finish : https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/39973-a25-feedbacks-from-testing/?do=findComment&comment=444800

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

Solution: just kill it! :)

Sometimes I miss a woman standing around somewhere, but that's still less hassle than back in the day when I had to hunt down every last orphaned fishing boat (although I got pretty good at guessing where they're at) or checking every puddle on the map because as a last resort the AI would put down a foundation of a harbor...

ok, you are on a right maybe. first i though you totally misunderstood. nut noo, you nearly understand i think. but i played so long. i build 30 towers, 30 seventy towers, destroyed everything. build all over the little map and set all to violent, upgrated everything. see the replay. really strange. i know its very often difficult to find the last ai pixel. but this time in the local game it was really unbelievable.

BTW its not a serious problem. its not rated and what the hell. doesn't matter so much

UPDATE this screenshot of the stats show it already in minute 45 there is 0 population of the AI:

image.thumb.png.ab0fddd23c3ace5a3125608838c4a228.png

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, seeh said:

UPDATE this screenshot of the stats show it already in minute 45 there is 0 population of the AI:

You might not have any victory conditions set in the game settings. If there is no victory option set, you can never win the game.

1405163370_Screenshotfrom2021-08-0107-33-50.png.dfc5cf903f4aad9c41aa32ee51f725c0.png

Edited by Nullus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Another problem with A24 lobby (this sometimes happen in A25 as well)

image.png.32470e8f50b087d1be066113de84d02e.png

i remember i restarted in this cases and then it was ok. i did not get this little prob for many many weeks. but yes i remember this from A24

Edited by seeh

2 hours ago, Nullus said:

You might not have any victory conditions set in the game settings. If there is no victory option set, you can never win the game.

1405163370_Screenshotfrom2021-08-0107-33-50.png.dfc5cf903f4aad9c41aa32ee51f725c0.png

ohhhhhh. yes ! and i did not have Teams set. not set any config. BTW interesting AI is attacking anyway .

image.png.cd216d6cd8f007752d1b72928c312581.png

Edited by seeh
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Screenshot_20210731_230345.thumb.png.34ac5c6fe35d59f08d3fc80204544d73.png

This error occured in A24 when people are dancing with formations. Please check that it won't happen in A25. Thanks. 

(Build 19th July 24937-release)

This does not make sense why that would happen.

offsets are just recomputed few lines above and if formation would not have members it would disband and not calling this.

Do you happen to have replay?

last week i got outOfSync error in lobby and i changed the version , so got no error. now i dont know the actual version.

i will be very helpful for my to know what version is played in the lobby. maybe write it into the games or so. is there a way to find it out?

Edited by seeh