A25 Feedbacks from testing

9 minutes ago, soloooy0 said:

using the mod on the A24
with athens in phase 2 when I do the gym, I get a red error message and I can't get lancers from barracks, but from the cc, nothing appears in the gym and it's a useless structure, when I capture a barracks outside the territory it's not useful.
the same with the cavalry with sword, i can't take it out of the barracks
you can't use the gym in phase 2 or 3.
with rome directly the cc is not useful to take out troops.
do you use the mod in A24 or A25 svn?

Please use the SVN version of A25. I don't think it is fully compatible with A24. 

• Like 1

@ValihrAnt About the biomes: would it help to tweak the resource values depending on the biome? So that trees and bushes in biomes that have only few of them have even more wood and the ones in india could have less, compared to the situation now. Could that help to make them more attractive for MP?

2 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

If you are on linux, sudo pkgmanager install subversion

I should have mentioned the OS. I am using Linux mint, which is similar to Ubuntu.

To be honest, the only way I normally install software is with the software manager, though I can put things in the terminal. I don´t know the commands for using package managers and such. Also the OS has a package installer that I can use if I have a package file on my PC, but I am not a command line wizard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maroder said:

@ValihrAnt About the biomes: would it help to tweak the resource values depending on the biome? So that trees and bushes in biomes that have only few of them have even more wood and the ones in india could have less, compared to the situation now. Could that help to make them more attractive for MP?

It would certainly help on improving performance at the cost of removing some identity of the biome. India gives off a really cool and unique vibe compared to the others, at the cost of performance. The biome is similar to what Jungle is currently. Fine for 1v1s and small tgs but with more players the performance drop compared to the usual is very noticeable. Can certainly try and mess around with the tree resource value and spawn count, but I'd prefer for the biome to keep its identity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Open a terminal, simply copy this entirely and paste:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install subversion build-essential cmake libboost-dev libboost-system-dev   \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libfmt-dev   \
    libgloox-dev libicu-dev libminiupnpc-dev libnvtt-dev libogg-dev   \
    libopenal-dev libpng-dev libsdl2-dev libsodium-dev libvorbis-dev   \
    libxml2-dev python rustc zlib1g-dev wx3.0-headers libwxbase3.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev libwxbase3.0-0v5 libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5 -y && svn co https://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0adsvn && cd 0adsvn/build/workspaces && ./update-workspaces.sh -j3 && cd gcc && make -j3 && cd ../../.. && binaries/system/test

enter your password and wait until it says "...............OK!" and you can find pyrogenesis in binaries/system/

You can learn terminal during the build though.

Edited by StarAtt
  • Like 1

@LetswaveaBook here:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

Copy and paste the corresponding commands for ubuntu/debian into the terminal, then hit enter. You don't need to understand what they mean. 

Here are probably the exact commands you will need. Copy them in and execute one step at a time please. Exclude the bullet points. 

• cd ~/
  • sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake libboost-dev libboost-system-dev   \
        libboost-filesystem-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libfmt-dev   \
        libgloox-dev libicu-dev libminiupnpc-dev libnvtt-dev libogg-dev   \
        libopenal-dev libpng-dev libsdl2-dev libsodium-dev libvorbis-dev   \
        libxml2-dev python rustc subversion zlib1g-dev
  • sudo apt install wx3.0-headers libwxbase3.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev
  • sudo apt install libwxbase3.0-0v5 libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5
  • svn co https://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad
  • cd 0ad/build/workspaces
  • ./update-workspaces.sh -j5
  • cd gcc
  • make -j5

Note the number after '-j' is the the number of cores (including hyperthreading) that you have, plus one. At this point your build of 0AD is finished. To run the program in the future:

• cd ~/0ad/binaries/system/
  • pyrogenesis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@soloooy0 what does 'cargando informacion del mapa por favor espere' mean?

When I enable the mod I also get error messages in the mod selector, but non in the actual game. It is a balancing mod which only changes templates so it shouldn't produce gui errors. Can you record a video of how the whole process went wrong and attach the logs here? Thanks. I have just tested it and got no errors in real game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gameboy said:

The same error occurred on Windows 10 64 Bit.

Which error? I am currently on Fedora 34 Build 1st of June and I have encountered no error so far in main gameplay. 

The only problem was random error messages in the mod selector which did not affect anything. 

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

Which error? I am currently on Fedora 34 Build 1st of June and I have encountered no error so far in main gameplay. 

The only problem was random error messages in the mod selector which did not affect anything. 

I also saw give me an error in the mod selector.

3 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

@soloooy0 what does 'cargando informacion del mapa por favor espere' mean?

When I enable the mod I also get error messages in the mod selector, but non in the actual game. It is a balancing mod which only changes templates so it shouldn't produce gui errors. Can you record a video of how the whole process went wrong and attach the logs here? Thanks. I have just tested it and got no errors in real game. 

Hi, thank you for reading through my post.

14 hours ago, wraitii said:
  • Roman army camp should not lose ownership in neutral territory or in enemy territory from alone. Training time of units in the camp is 11 min. Is this on purpose? Other buildings have less training time now.

The decay is on purpose, though whether it should be changed is an open question. Not sure what you mean about train time.

Sorry, I mean seconds not minutes. :D Training of soldiers for Romans in barracks, with team bonus, is now 9 sec and in the army camp it is 11 sec. But it might also be on purpose because soldiers from the camp have already rank 2?

Made a ticket for that, it's less trivial than other things.

Thank you I appreciate that very much. I also thought this is not a simple task.

• I miss open knowledge of counter units and fighting bonuses. For spear men there its written 3 vs Cav, but its missing for other units, as far as I remember there are more bonuses, or am I wrong?

You are indeed incorrect, there are no other bonuses in A24/25 (so far)

Well, good to know. I remember the wiki ( https://0ad.fandom.com/wiki/Infantry_Swordsman ) where you still can see some bonuses mentioned. But this then is outdated very much. :D  Nonetheless, there are still some secrets which I could imagine are interesting for more people to know. For Ptol its sometimes possible to build more than 1 CC. I don't know under which circumstances this is possible? I also wonder about the promotion of elephant archers. The pierce attack doesn't approve, but you find more archers on top of the elephants. Is there any effect on the pierce attack or just an increase of health and armor? I also don't know how many kills an unit needs to get promotion. I guess this has not much to do with the a25, but access to information about things like that is interesting for players like me.

• From P1 to P2 you need 4 buildings of P1, but to change from P2 to P3 you now need just 3 buildings of P2? Feels wrong to me. Should be the other way around. For a later phase you should need more buildings than for an earlier phase.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think removing towers was a good move and we don't really have more than 3 town-phase buildings as things stand, so it's simply not possible.

Its even 5 structures of P1 needed to go to P2. :D Anyway I understand there are no more P2 structures. But why where towers removed? Was there a discussion somewhere? I would like to read it.

• Like 1