A25 Feedbacks from testing

Aha, the problem is with the template xml for arsenals in the source code. 

In the tooltips section:

<Identity>
    <GenericName>Arsenal</GenericName>
    <SelectionGroupName>template_structure_military_arsenal</SelectionGroupName>
    <Tooltip>Train Champion Infantry Crossbowmen, construct Siege Engines, and research Siege Engine technologies.</Tooltip>
    <VisibleClasses datatype="tokens">City Arsenal</VisibleClasses>
    <Icon>structures/siege_workshop.png</Icon>
    <RequiredTechnology>phase_city</RequiredTechnology>
  </Identity>

This is the general template for all arsenals. We should only add this tooltip to the Macedonians. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

OK I guess I added an extra line in the template file. It doesn't affect gameplay right? 

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Doesn't. Just *might* give misleading information.

The first time I read it I was intrigued and built an arsenal I ended up not using; otherwise it doesn't affect gameplay. I'm checking the unit tree more frequently now. But I'm also a passionate nitpicker. :blum:

• Haha 1

Here you go guys Yekaterina Mod consists of everything you have proposed:

1. Everything said by @Thorfinn the Shallow Minded

2. Changes to Roman camps according to reza-math and @nani

3. Soliferreum champion units for Iberians as suggested by @soloooy0

4. African Veteran units for Carthaginians and Carthaginian heros can train units. 

yekaterinaMod.zip

Just unzip and install. It is called YekaterinaMod. 

Tell me which part you like and which part you don't, also report any bugs please. 

Sorry for the delay I fell asleep while reading the forum :D

@Lion.Kanzen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The defensive AI needs some work - it's just sitting duck! The AI just builds some lame towers and wait for me to come and destroy it. It doesn't even get enough swords and skirmishers to counter my siege, and sends units one by one into my crowd of spearmen. If you don't use formations, this will happen:

image.thumb.png.263564995718f951960e7580c3f285f1.png

Also I don't get how capturing units work. There doesn't seem to be such an option. 

Here are the replays:

2021-05-16_0005.zip

• Like 2

On 16/05/2021 at 12:28 AM, Gurken Khan said:

Why does the tooltip for arsenals talk about "Train Champion Infantry Crossbowmen" when there is no such thing?

Because if the Macedonians capture such an arsenal they have the correct tooltip. (@Nescio)

9 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Also I don't get how capturing units work. There doesn't seem to be such an option.

Not implemented (anymore?) in vanilla, but useful for mods.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Freagarach said:

Because if the Macedonians capture such an arsenal they have the correct tooltip.

Naturally I'm not against civs having the correct tooltips for their buildings, but if it would work both ways I think that would be ideal.

Reminds me: how do flags on captured buildings work? Used to be when I capture a tower for example and then man it, it would show the flag of the civ having built it and not mine; not a big issue, but of course I'd want my flag flying there. :)

Is there a chance we get the +10 pop cap back just for building a wonder? From my experience there was at least a chance that ten additional champs made a bit of a difference, but now with that two minute extra delay I feel building a wonder is basically pointless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Is there a chance we get the +10 pop cap back just for building a wonder? From my experience there was at least a chance that ten additional champs made a bit of a difference, but now with that two minute extra delay I feel building a wonder is basically pointless.

Indeed. I feel like whatever bonus a Wonder gives should be automatic or free. The worker downtime used to build the thing, plus its cost, justifies the notion that whatever the benefit of building a Wonder, it has already been paid for.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Indeed. I feel like whatever bonus a Wonder gives should be automatic or free. The worker downtime used to build the thing, plus its cost, justifies the notion that whatever the benefit of building a Wonder, it has already been paid for.

I agree. Ban Mauryan and Persian wonders? They already have too much pop by default

Linux (kUbuntu).
I tried enable AutoCiv in A25.

copied mod from snap folder:

.... snap/0ad/206/.local/share/0ad/mods/autociv/ ==>  ... 0ad/binaries/data/mods/autociv/

canged 24 to 25 in mod.json, set "dependencies": ["0ad=0.0.25"]

==>now its running, but with many JavaScript Errors (they hidden some buttons). I not so professional with Linux, probably easy to solve for good, long time, Linux Users.

image.png.6a42688d1d3973df9ffde11b71eb06f6.png

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

Mod needs an update for A25

Okok ;) i replaced few times a24 ==>a25 in some JS-Source (in autoCiv mod). less error and space to click all buttons. But was not able to use my user.cfg .
not helped: Anyway i copied ~/snap/0ad/201/.config/0ad/config/user.cfg to ==> .... /0ad/binaries/data/config/user.cfg
but autoCiv used shortcuts from the default.cfg

rest of it works quit great :):thumbsup:

UPDATE:

created+copied local.cfg put all of my user.cfg into. ==> not errors, everything works :) !! :

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1