A25 Feedbacks from testing

16 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Another point is please do not change the file hierarchy system for later release. This makes mod compatible between versions. There was quite a change from A23 to A24 which made A23 mods unusable.

Mods will not be compatible and will need changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

Mods will not be compatible and will need changes.

May I ask why we cannot keep the same file hierarchy? Each time the template files are just renamed and moved to a different subfolder, but I don't think this affects the engine, nor the actual  gameplay mechanics.  

15 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

May I ask why we cannot keep the same file hierarchy? Each time the template files are just renamed and moved to a different subfolder, but I don't think this affects the engine, nor the actual  gameplay mechanics.  

It's not just about file hierarchy, which won't change for A25, it's about the code evolving, new components  like the Autobuildable for A24, or updates to the existing ones like the addition of Regeneration to the RessourceSupply (currently unused) if the code changes the templates need to adapt, with or without file location changes. @wraitii also added mixins, which are a way for multiple templates with different parents to inherit the same stuff, e.g the hoplites all have a custom formation, no mateter their parent.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stan` said:

Made them bigger and added a decal.

1a457b5a-fcf8-4da6-be25-d920e795b6ed.png

image.png

One nitpick, but I think is important, make the obstruction box smaller, the bushes are wide but realistically one should be able to pass between them (you cant currently do that now in a24 but you could in a23)

1 minute ago, nani said:

One nitpick, but I think is important, make the obstruction box smaller, the bushes are wide but realistically one should be able to pass between them (you cant currently do that now in a24 but you could in a23)

Make a patch?

I'm actually just getting into a24; so I hope y'all ok with me suggesting things for a25 before I switch to testing it.

Queuing actions: It sucks in a24, please revert it to how it was in a23. For example, when I order units to build a house and then cut wood, and then I change my mind and want them to build another house instead of cutting wood, I could previously order them again to build the first house and then the second; if I do that now they build the first house and then still go to the woods, not building the second house.

Move orders: It majorly sucks in a24, please, please, please revert it to how it was in a23; don't know how many units I lost because it's such a disaster. And I'm doubting the common sense of the people responsible for that and if they ever played the game with those changes. Why is the Box formation the standard for move orders? Why on earth would I ever want that? If for example I wanna get out of range from some hostile towers, instead of just moving their butts my units now do stupid huddling and sorting and then maybe move out. And it always goes back to box formation! Even when I told them I don't want that friggin formation. And when I tell them I don't want that stupid formation after the move order, it cancels the move order! AAAARRRGGHHH...!!!

Aggressive healers: Could healers with aggressive stance please not run away just because they caught an arrow? What's their aggressive stance for? Naturally I run 'em in packs, so their running away just makes everything worse. And how about their priorities? Could they prioritize hurt units (<x health)?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

you say more than one type of resource?

Just the component that defines that an entity (e.g. tree) holds some wood that can be gathered.

4 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Queuing actions

As pointed out somewhere in the forums, this is already fixed in SVN. I feel you in its annoyance.

Move orders

You can right-click on the "none-formation" (as mentioned in the tooltips) to disable the automatic formation thing.

Aggressive healers

Yeah, that might feel strange. Are more people feeling like this?

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Freagarach said:

Yeah, that might feel strange. Are more people feeling like this?

5 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Aggressive healers

Yes , I very much resonate with Gurken Khan. Healers don't do their job in A24. The SVN version of A25 has not fixed his yet. I am just as frustrated as Gurken Khan if not more.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Freagarach said:

You can right-click on the "none-formation" (as mentioned in the tooltips) to disable the automatic formation thing.

Thank you very much! Maybe I was too enraged to notice that tooltip.^^ Still wondering about the idea behind that standard box formation tho...

16 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Healers don't do their job in A24.

Aggressive healers running away has always been that way, at least the last couple of years/alphas. My workaround is to put 'em on "Standground" and then micro them; still, in my book, aggressive units don't run away. Anyone got ideas about healers prioritizing hurt units?

Why does the tooltip for arsenals talk about "Train Champion Infantry Crossbowmen" when there is no such thing?