A25 Feedbacks from testing

My opinions after testing out git version of A25 on 12/5/2021:

1. Very good graphics improvement, very sharp and well optimised indeed. 

2. Please change the model of the berries. They are still difficult to spot amongst the green background. If the artists @Stan` @Lion.Kanzen can make berries mostly blue or red then that would be much easier to see. 

3. Would be great to see some more campaigns added. 

4. Tutorial could be more helpful if there is a cavalry unit involved, and if we start with a noob-friendly civ like Britons or Romans. Spartans are OK I guess but Syssiton and Skiritai commandos might confuse some nubs, and they are hard to master. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

3. Would be great to see some more campaigns added. 

4. Tutorial could be more helpful if there is a cavalry unit involved, and if we start with a noob-friendly civ like Britons or Romans. Spartans are OK I guess but Syssiton and Skiritai commandos might confuse some nubs, and they are hard to master. 

Feel free to adapt the tutorials, make more.

15 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

2. Please change the model of the berries. They are still difficult to spot amongst the green background. If the artists @Stan` @Lion.Kanzen can make berries mostly blue or red then that would be much easier to see. 

I'll see what we can do, but no promises

AOM AOE 0 A.D.: Empire Ascendant
farm1.jpg Mill Placement 2 image.png
  • Like 3

I wouldn't mind if you just put a single blueberry there to represent a patch of berries. 

Blueberry. One Bilberry Isolated On White. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty  Free Image. Image 36495274.

A model of blueberry

I will make one in Gimp so you know what I mean

I really wouldn't mind it looking like this, because it is easy to see, which is the most important thing!

Untitled.thumb.png.e9dbc769741aa3b2f524ce22b8c37d71.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

really wouldn't mind it looking like this, because it is easy to see, which is the most important thing!

Okay, so it would be over my dead body. :)

I have an idea that might work, without much extra work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Palaxin said:

In the long term, what about a "resource hotkey" which toggles between normal view mode and a "resource view mode" where resources are highlighted? That would combine both realism and visibility...

Ahh I like the idea. All competitive matches will be resource view and relaxed games will be realism view. I can't program this though.

what switching some toggle, like pressing f6 or something, a pink square, or anything visible for that matter, appears under all animals and fruit trees/bushes?

edit: just seen stan' work, very good! they are not only visible, but also very nice

Edited by alre
  • Like 1