Thorfinn the Shallow Minded Mod

Yekaterina

15 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

What do you think about this icon for marathon tech?

first one looks to simple and the second one will not look good on a small scale.

I would use theses as placeholder:

https://github.com/0ad/0ad/blob/master/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/portraits/technologies/accuracy_bolt.png

https://github.com/0ad/0ad/blob/master/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/portraits/technologies/walk.png

Edited by maroder
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

¿Y este icono de soliferreum?

soliferrum-b7c1b80b-a0d2-401e-9d53-4e494b73570-resize-750.jpg.b6613da6c026dac083a6c25639d58a35.jpg

I like the soliferrum one a lot, even though the icons and details, as they said, I don't know how it goes.

and for marathon you can use the original design used in the olympics ?

athens.jpg.dc685c7c7088b277b50566e0958cdfdb.jpg

Athens-2.jpg

Edited by soloooy0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

after doing some testing, macedonia is somewhat op and with economic help in phase 2 it may be unwinnable 
the mounted champions can liquidate any commercial line fast and the siege towers are fast, to the Macedonian towers I would put the option of garrison siege in exchange for being the slowest of the game by far and somewhat more fragile ....

then i would put brisaidas to do the slingers to sparta since he has no bonus or anything. 

Helepolis.png

I played in the game mention by StarAtt and I did get errors too. As macedonians, I was unable to create siege.

There is a more generic issue with the mod. Even though you can train some champions in p2, I am not entirely convinced you would actually want to do so. Also there seems to be an unlock champion cavalry upgrade for macedonians in p3, even though you do not need the upgrade.

2021-05-23_0002.zip

Problems and recommendations from Structure Tree (as new stuff isn't working now):

Athenians:

- Champion Skirmisher needs red skin. It looks like a mercenary.

- Marathon's effect doesn't meet its description.

- Mercenary Archer may be placed in Barracks.

Carthaginians:

- Hamilcar Barca can train two kinds of sword infantry mercenaries (it's fine but may be altered a bit).

I personally don't like training units from heroes though. Spawning from nowhere seems weird to me (also for pers' Cyrus).

Iberians:

- Somehow Champion Infantry Javelineer has Crush and Hack.

Macedonians:

- Unlock Champion Cavalry still in p3.

Romans:

- Auxiliary camp's description doesn't end with period.

- Swap new Slinger's wood and stone cost.

- New small Siege Catapult should cost more stone (like 150). Loot value hasn't changed. It doesn't have movement speed.

- Put camp's siege in regular order.

Spartans:

- 40/40 Skirmisher is too cheap. At least 45/45.

Also Agis may have 1500 health as he's totally sueless now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/5/2021 at 9:11 AM, StarAtt said:

Also Agis may have 1500 health as he's totally sueless now.

Agis has always been that way.  I have several times argued against his inclusion in favour of other more notable Spartan kings.

On 23/5/2021 at 9:11 AM, StarAtt said:

40/40 Skirmisher is too cheap. At least 45/45

That also is reasonable.  Also, since the slinger is a helot unit, it should probably cost 45/45 as well.

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

archers are still very OP. kushites are kind OP.

Actually I'm sure that the Spiffing Brit would argue quite compellingly that in fact 0 AD is perfectly balanced...

A couple things came to mind after looking at the Romans.  First of all, having the Triarius be trained at veteran rank again would be good; this could come with a +25-50% training time to make them harder to mass.  Also, since there is a building in this mod for training Socii, the Extraordinarius should be available there, not at the regular barracks, since it is a socii unit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

A couple things came to mind after looking at the Romans.  First of all, having the Triarius be trained at veteran rank again would be good; this could come with a +25-50% training time to make them harder to mass.  Also, since there is a building in this mod for training Socii, the Extraordinarius should be available there, not at the regular barracks, since it is a socii unit.

I have made the change to the barracks spearman. Should make entrenched camps train elite rank spears as well, or should it stay the same? In which case I would recommend having two different names / unit templates to avoid confusion. 

We can call the regular spearman 'Discens Hastatorum'