what do we do with the defenses of phase 1?

Lion.Kanzen

6 minutes ago, Dizaka said:

@BreakfastBurrito_007

Noob wall (It's not invisible, it's the noob wall):

Cost: 0 wood but frustrated allies

image.thumb.png.553e59172839c3a861870aba1596eaf4.png

The "I built a wall, no idea what went wrong" wall:

Cost: 300-400 wood (allies go "meh, he built a wall")

image.thumb.png.a19ce88b80ab59acc0808e8453abe746.png

Normal game wall (Rams delayed maybe 15-25 secs): 

Cost: ~1K wood, happier allies

image.thumb.png.d961572a02fb3dd97e897f467f8aaf95.png 

Pro wall (Note how walls are in parallel.  This delays ram movement substantially only for 500-800 more wood. Rams going to be delayed for 2-3 mins minimum):

~1.5-1.8k wood, (each line of 3 turrets 2 wall units is about 58-60 wood)

image.thumb.png.d4c0a2ef2d3acb2f689982cac0701275.png

The "I hate you, have fun" wall (The "meh, I don't want to deal with this, let me find another entry point"):

~1.8-2.1k wood, pros have too much wood.  Garrison sword units in tower preferably.

image.thumb.png.56b110a687ea979eb165ad525f772373.png

When the whole map is like this, you may as well close host. But often, even just a string of towers can defended by archers that are far away, since they can run to the defenses before the attackers reach them and do much damage.

3 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

When the whole map is like this, you may as well close host. But often, even just a string of towers can defended by archers that are far away, since they can run to the defenses before the attackers reach them and do much damage.

Jolly molly!!!

It seems like a nightmare....

It should definitely fall in front of infantry, and get upgraded so that it can stop them.

12 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Issue with string of towers is the ability to capture them.  Got to put palisades around your towers or, no matter what, enemy pikemen will be able to capture them even if garrisoned.

Edited by Dizaka

@Dizaka I apologize, I was talking beyond the topic of conversation. I tend to focus on p3 turtling issues since this is where turtleing is the worst. In p3 those towers in the string are usually garrisoned. I liked in a23 when archers were the easiest thing to flank (besides ranged siege),that was their main disadvantage.

@Lion.Kanzen like that but no one has metal to afford 1-2 rams XD.

1 minute ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

@Dizaka I apologize, I was talking beyond the topic of conversation. I tend to focus on p3 turtling issues since this is where turtleing is the worst. In p3 those towers in the string are usually garrisoned. I liked in a23 when archers were the easiest thing to flank (besides ranged siege),that was their main disadvantage.

@Lion.Kanzen like that but no one has metal to afford 1-2 rams XD.

First of all the early defenses should be weak, and fall with a couple of hits

If they want to play booming turtle, they should invest.

Technologies for walls and palisades 1-3 levels the same the attackers 1-3 of siege ram.

@BreakfastBurrito_007 p1 and p3 turtling employ same strategies at different scales.

In p1 if you are pushing and build forward tower, build palisades around it.  That makes tower uncapturable.

In p1 palisades may be expensive and used sporadically.  However, correct placement can give huge advantages.

p1 = palisades prevent unit movement

p3 = palisades prevent siege movement

Both are equally important in their respective phases.  However, at p3 palisades are really OP with their low cost.

• Like 1

Hmm. You are both right. 

@Lion.Kanzen I think choosing to do a "naked" turtle should be more risky than going for a rush in an average game. This will encourage more scouting and players should be careful determining how much defenses to build.

@Dizaka as you know I generally don't rush XD, and did not also in a23. I think I am accustomed to the fighting happening in p3 but I think if I tried to attack in p1 I would encounter similar challenges.

However I think the classic "if you attack you are 2v1ed" situation does not occur much in p1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

However I think the classic "if you attack you are 2v1ed" situation does not occur much in p1.

See thorfinn the shallow minded mod. That encourages early attacks.

About Dizaka wall, we can impose limits on length of wall and disable garrison.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Le hiciste una adaptación para A25 SVN?

I am guessing you are talking about doing some adaptation on A25 SVN? Sorry I am no good at Spanish. 

I can implement wall length into thorfinn mod as well. Please can you use that? I can't use SVN because school ban. 

3 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

I am guessing you are talking about doing some adaptation on A25 SVN? Sorry I am no good at Spanish. 

I can implement wall length into thorfinn mod as well. Please can you use that? I can't use SVN because school ban. 

I must have been confused when writing that.