Midas (actively convert mercenaries)

maroder

Talking about mercenaries:

This mod gives the ptol hero Ptolemy I the ability to actively convert mercenaries from the enemy for 250 metal each. So why is this mod called Midas you may ask? Because you have no choice. When you have metal left and an enemy merc is in his aura, the unit will convert until you have no metal left.

mercenary-patreon.zip

Edited by maroder
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, maroder said:

Talking about mercenaries:

This mod gives the ptol hero Ptolemy I the ability to actively convert mercenaries from the enemy for 100 metal each. So why is this mod called Midas you may ask? Because you have no choice. When you have metal left and an enemy merc is in his aura, the unit will convert until you have no metal left.

mercenary-patreon.zip 20 kB · 0 downloads

That is very nice.

We need in-game conversion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yekaterina said:

Very good idea, but this might be a little bit OP and our metal is drained without our consent... What if I don't want that many mercs

yeah exactly it is a trade off between op and huge resource drain. So you need to maneuver him carefully or you will have no metal left. But as I said, this is more of a fun idea, probably to op.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maroder said:

yeah exactly it is a trade off between op and huge resource drain. So you need to maneuver him carefully or you will have no metal left. But as I said, this is more of a fun idea, probably to op.

I see you are good at this, could we have conversions like Age of empires?

13 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

could we have conversions like Age of empires?

We could have it surely. The only question is how many units should/would be able to do that. Should it work via an extra "capturing" bar, similar to capturing buildings, should it be dependent on the time the unit is inside the aura or should it work just like the capturing mechanic?

The other thing is that this code is"quick and dirty", which is ok because only one unit uses it. To make a more elaborate mechanic you have to spend a lot more time.

• 2 months later...
On 17/07/2021 at 12:15 AM, Lopess said:

This is very interesting, there should be a mod with several cool mechanics that appear to be used:D .I believe that here the only thing missing is an on/off button for this type of conversion.

I plan to take up modding again when I have some free time to fill and make a mod which bundles multiple fun mechanics. For now there is unfortunately no progress on my side.

But yes the on off button is a good idea :D

• Like 2

• 7 months later...