we need volunteers ... There are many absent members

Lion.Kanzen

18 minutes ago, Ceres said:

if there is a specific approach for testing, a defined list of stuff that should be tested, where to post identified problems

It is very subjective, it is to test if all the gameplay is balanced, as changes occur and features are added.

Mainly testing patches and creating patches, in case of reaching agreements with other players.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With replay you mean the file stored in the replays folder, or a video (in addition), or a screenshot? I assume it depends on how to best show/explain what's wrong.

About problems of balancing: This will be too difficult for me, but if I observe other problems, I will report them.

Where? Here or there?

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/forum/378-bug-reports/

Or even somewhere else?

Are there categories of bugs/problems that should be sorted/kept together in dinner place? (housekeeping question, so to speak)

I understand I could also use the latest available autobuild for testing. Correct? Or do you prefer a fresh build from the latest git version?

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Indeed the replay file, but sometimes a small video or screenshot is also needed. Depends on the kind of bug you find. ;)

About bug reports, you can e.g. post them here:

You can use the autobuild fine, but it _may_ be that the bug you report is fixed in the lates compiled version, that is no problem of course! We'll just note it to you. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stan` said:

It's always better to use everything. At least you should make sure that the exe matches your repo versions :)

Now I am not entirely sure if this means that using 'data' from e.g. 25576 and 'system' from e.g. 25572 is ok or not. :unsure:

In other words: If I want to test latest autobuild, how should I proceed? How can I DL the complete binaries as zip?

Edited by Ceres

You can, which is quite handy :) Its in binaries/sytem/pyrogenesis.exe

But make sure to only use the [autobuild] revision for testing, as the revisions in between may not be that stable when using this autobuild (Its only done once a day and not after every commit)

Edited by maroder
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The last stage of the development of the Alfa has arrived.

It's time to do a hard test.

Try test the game to the fullest.

Already posted on multiple threads of discord servers since we need more testers.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...