we need volunteers ... There are many absent members

Lion.Kanzen

13 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

What is wrong here? I am trying subversion on windows 10 and  it refuses to download the code. 

Another reason to switch to linux ;) 

image.thumb.png.db1a11b688aff3eceeb4d171fe0bf908.png

maybe use ' ? or  " ?

Edited by seeh

According to Stack Overflow

You get this error message because the URL is invalid. It leads to a web interface (i.e. a web client) and Subversion clients do not know how to parse this URL. Please, see the following article - KB102: Subversion client errors caused by inappropriate repository URL.

Can you access https://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/

1 minute ago, seeh said:

separate team-game rating column into the (mysql?)database (simply? a copy of 1v1 rating)

Sadly that requires lobby changes. 

I'd like to focus on actual gameplay rather.

3 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

through a browser, yes, but not command prompt

Could be your school network yeah. You could try through 4G and quickly cancel it.

15 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

I love most part of A24, especially these:

1. Siege workshop for every civ. 

I would like to remove rams for brit / gaul / iber and add men + trunk.

But I don't like these:

2. Elephant discrimination

This was not well accepted by the players. I think we learned the lesson that these little realisms are not so interesting.

3. Archer changes

Two patches are already in a25,  I think there is no greater need for changes now, maybe a little adjustment.

4. Athens and Sparta have no stoa

Historical inaccuracy, so they were removed.

5. Useless and expensive mercenary

The @nescio patch improves mercenaries a lot. https://code.wildfiregames.com/D3699

6. Rubbish catapult and oxybeles

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D3781 

Put me in coach! I'm ready!

Positives: I can work on component scripts and templates. I can also do low-fi texture work if push comes to shove. I'd be very happy to run sandbox balance tests and discuss high-level design-theory-crafting (as much as time allows) if the need arises.

Negatives: I don't have any hands on multiplayer experience, nor have I been able to watch enough A24 competitive to authoritatively opine on the current gestalt balance-state. My coding skills are also entirely self-taught. So exercise caution when handling anything I produce. Plus, my old Linux laptop is currently in a coma, and I was never very good at using it anyway. Thus I am Windows 10 bound at this time, and trying to get into your version control system confuses and frightens me...

If you think you can use any of my services, please point me at a task.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChronA said:

Put me in coach! I'm ready!

Positives: I can work on component scripts and templates. I can also do low-fi texture work if push comes to shove. I'd be very happy to run sandbox balance tests and discuss high-level design-theory-crafting (as much as time allows) if the need arises.

Negatives: I don't have any hands on multiplayer experience, nor have I been able to watch enough A24 competitive to authoritatively opine on the current gestalt balance-state. My coding skills are also entirely self-taught. So exercise caution when handling anything I produce. Plus, my old Linux laptop is currently in a coma, and I was never very good at using it anyway. Thus I am Windows 10 bound at this time, and trying to get into your version control system confuses and frightens me...

If you think you can use any of my services, please point me at a task.

.I have several ideas how to make our demands be heard, but with solutions.

Have A24 installed.

Have SVN 0 A.D installed  or by default some version of Git( isn't dificult)

This mod will be useful to see the stats

I made a post to make a list of things that are wrong, it is not for debate, only what you think is wrong.

From that list we will make the posts to discuss.

From that list patches will be made.

7 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Some time ago I created a group on Telegram to talk about 0 A.D. I hope that at some point in the future it becomes one more channel to add people to the community of 0 A.D. contributors. 

https://t.me/joinchat/FO5I-efo5jwOcNS7

Hey @borg-, dont leave us! :D

I think Borg is busy ... we need to at least test patches 

Here are my two cents. I won't list a bunch of thing I don't like about the game, but rather mention one I do like and that I think should not be changed.

I've recently started to choose Mauryans and for the first time I feel I'm playing a civ with some unique mechanics. This is something really desirable in my opinion. People can go for them when looking for a civ with high mobility and the ability to steal resources from the opponent. I'd suggest to leave Mauryans as they are and instead focusing on giving other civs more pronounced characteristics. Why don't we make some civs good at turtling, rushing or booming? That way everybody can choose a civ according to his favorite game style. Regarding archers, let's not just nerf them and take them back to what they were in A23. Instead, let's give people some tools to counter them, like each civ having units capable of crushing archers. That would make gameplay more dynamic! People will be training different units depending on the situation.

In short, don't kill the low diversity present in some civilizations like Mauryans. Rather, work so that other civs have the same.

Edited by Sebastián Gómez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sebastián Gómez said:

Here are my two cents. I won't list a bunch of thing I don't like about the game, but rather mention one I do like and that I think should not be changed.

That is also correct.

9 minutes ago, Sebastián Gómez said:

I've recently started to choose Mauryans and for the first time I feel I'm playing a civ with some unique mechanics. People can go for them when looking for a civ with high mobility and the ability to steal resources from the opponent. This is something really desirable in my opinion. I'd suggest to leave Mauryans as they are and instead focusing on giving other civs more pronounced characteristics. Why don't we make some civs good at turtling, rushing or booming? That way everybody can choose a civ according to his favorite game style. Regarding archers, let's not just nerf them and take them back to what they were in A23. Instead, let's give people some tools to counter them, like each civ having units capable of crushing archers. That would make gameplay more dynamic! People will be training different units depending on the situation.

In short, don't kill the low diversity present in some civilizations like Mauryans. Rather, work so that other civs have the same

Well done, good feedback.

• Like 1