we need volunteers ... There are many absent members

Lion.Kanzen

Just now, Yekaterina said:

Yeah I will practice patches. Just not sure if school WiFi will allow. I am on a VPN right now for forum. I use psiphon which is not really fast for large files

I'm going to consult Stan.

What OS do you use, Windows?
Do you already use SVN? with SVN you can make patches.

5 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

I use Win10 and Fedora.

I write mod on fedora, then copy them into Win10 and post on forum. This is because no VPN on fedora

I don't have an for Windows yet but I can install it

I mean I don't have SVN for win10

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructionsGettingTheCode

this will download the game but the version we use, the SVN 0 AD.

• Thanks 1

changes are few due to lack of staff.

Gameplay

r24953 AnimalAI is fully merged into UnitAI, leading to improved animal behaviour (Phab:D2646).
r24973 Let domestic animals flee when attacked.
r25000 Entities now look closer to their position for resources (Phab:D3607).
r25020 Players can now push orders to the front of the queue (Phab:D3605).
r25213 Queueing technologies in multiple structures now distributes those according to queue length (Phab:D3798).
r25368 Entities will react to killed enemies immediately now, not wasting one repeat time (Phab:D2129).
r25381 Structures can now be toggled to autoproduce units (Phab:D3865).

Balance

r25058 Streamline ship stats
r25128 Remove entity limit for embassy
r25129 Buff ranged cavalry slightly / lower training time of cav slightly
r25130 Unify the resistance of foundations.
r25131 Change 'Archery Tradition' tech to an attack range increase.
r25133 Lower city phase structure requirement to 3 and remove towers from the eligible structures.
r25135 Remove the attack from wall turrets.
r25337 Increase archer spread slightly
r25338 Add a Hoplite Tradition technology to Athens/Sparta (Phab:D3688)
r25341 Buff stone throwers
r25399 Teambonuses also apply to own player (Phab:D3899).

Hi, I just registered because although I read many of the things you post on the forum, I have never made up my mind or found a really good reason to do so. Reading that you need volunteers has encouraged me, even if I'm no useful to you. 

I've been playing 0ad for about 1 year. Although until half a year ago I was SUPER nub and until 4 months ago half nub. Now I think I'm not so much anymore. I have 1400 points more or less. Yekaterina has given me some good beating, that's for sure. 

I don't know anything about programming, but if you need people who are not very veteran to test the game, I'm a candidate. And I've seen that you need historians... Well, I'm not a historian but I am a PhD student of political science, so I think I can move well in the research part. Unless you need people with very specific knowledge or who already have in-depth knowledge about these civilizations. 

As suggestions for the multiplayer lobby (I usually play with 2 or 3 friends and we are passionate about it) it would be interesting to be able to have rankings also by teams. I know that in AoE they have something like that and I'm not looking for imitating it because 0ad is wonderful as it is, but it would be interesting because I have found that there are several groups of people who play with their own friends and it is an incentive to improve as a group. 

On the other hand, I was very sorry to see that in the history of civilizations you have removed a lot of information in this new version. When I discovered the game I found it very interesting because you could learn a lot about the different civilizations just by reading some of their characteristics, so I encourage you to include it again. 

I will keep thinking about things to make more suggestions. Let me know if you need me and for the moment that's all. Hello everybody

• Like 2

Git and svn are both version control systems git was designed by Linus Torvalds for use by the Linux kernel developers after the commercial version control system they where using decided to up the fee they where charging the Linux Foundation. Svn more properly subversion is also Open Source been around for a long time available on most platforms as well. Both have diff/patch functions and where originally designed for use in a terminal window though GUI are available for both the git ones on Linux are kinda primitive for svn I prefer ksvn on Linux Tortoise has both for windows that integrate into the Windows Explorer shell with very good context menus that's the one our wiki recommends on Windows.

Enjoy the Choice :)    

13 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

Git and svn are both version control systems git was designed by Linus Torvalds for use by the Linux kernel developers after the commercial version control system they where using decided to up the fee they where charging the Linux Foundation. Svn more properly subversion is also Open Source been around for a long time available on most platforms as well. Both have diff/patch functions and where originally designed for use in a terminal window though GUI are available for both the git ones on Linux are kinda primitive for svn I prefer ksvn on Linux Tortoise has both for windows that integrate into the Windows Explorer shell with very good context menus that's the one our wiki recommends on Windows.

Enjoy the Choice :)    

Do you have any idea how we can solve the problem of making the Phabricator work in Windows?

I couldn't understand how it worked.

You can use git, the only caveat is that it may lag a day behind SVN. For submitting patches on Phabricator, please refer to: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Phabricator.

Thanks for you effort all!

@smgzlez, welcome to the forums! Feel free to voice your opinion on the several topics in the forums or on gameplay patches on Phabricator (code.wildfiregames.com).