Mod by Yekaterina featuring slinger champions and garrisoned chariots

Yekaterina

In this mod I added a slinger champion unit to the Celtic factions. This should be able to improve the Celtic factions in terms of unit diversity. This unit is trained with other champions in the barracks.

I also gave Celts and Ptolemies a chariot unit which can be garrisoned to increase its firepower. By default it shoots 1 arrow per 800ms which does little damage. But, you can put infantry into it just like garrisonin g a siege tower, and its arrow number will increase slightly; you can put up to 3 infantry units into it. Before the chariot is destroyed, the infantry will be ejected and you can fix the chariot using its passengers. This unit is trained from siege workshops.

Please test it out and tell me what you think.

championSlingers.zip

Updates:

1. Added champion slingers + heavy skirmisher to Athens, both trainable from the gym.

2. Spartan women can throw javelins to defend themselves. (although no animations  yet)

3. Added slave archer to Spartans

Maybe some of these ideas will improve these civs a bit?  Balancing advisors, do you think these are appropriate for improving the weak civs? 

championSlingers2.zip

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:
1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

It occurs to me that for Israel ( Judeans, Hasmoneans, Bronze Age Israelites) it is very good

Judean slingers? Sure! But I feel like those civs are already strong. Maybe we add Jesus' civ (I forgot which civ he is from).

Also Illyrians were militaristic as well. I can add a new civ for them quickly if you provide some models. Or I can just borrow greek stuff, then give them russian names. 

2 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Judean slingers? Sure! But I feel like those civs are already strong. Maybe we add Jesus' civ (I forgot which civ he is from).

Also Illyrians were militaristic as well. I can add a new civ for them quickly if you provide some models. Or I can just borrow greek stuff, then give them russian names. 

let me link you Jesus Civ.

11 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Balancing advisors, do you think these are appropriate for improving the weak civs?

The most important question is what makes a civ weak in A24? I think the answer seems to be: Lacking all of these features 1. no good heroes 2. no good siege 3. no elephants 4. not having archery tradition, horse archers or pikemen.

I think there is a core element in the meta that is causing them to be considered weak. In the current meta, there is a real benefit of good siege or elephants. I think we should implement changes that affect the meta, instead of considering these civilizations flawed. Personally I feel like these civilizations have something going for them, but I can understand that they are considered weak in the current meta.

Also there is: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/25338

Edited by LetswaveaBook
I wanted to emphasize that I think their problem is the current meta, not the civs itself.