How to port forwarding on Fiberhome HG6243C

• 2 years later...

@Jaren are you sure your device is a fiberhome router? Double check the manufacturer and model number.

You can search for port forwarding in the router manual. With the device's model number you can also probably find its manual on the internet. Most manuals have a seperate subchapter about port forwarding.

Keep in mind, you don't have to do port forwarding to play multiplayer. Port forwarding only helps other player join games that you host. If you can't connect to games yourself it is a different issue.

I'm pretty sure that it's fiberhome but I see that all of theimage.thumb.png.a42ff3ba7514efbb5b90cfec8eba30ff.png above pictures have five tabs (Status, Network, Security, Application, and Management) but mine only has the ones shown in the picture  (Status, Network, and Management). Is there a way to port forward without those tabs or some way to get them to show up or is it just not posable to port forward with my router?

Edited by Jaren

In that case, you probably don't have admin access to your router, that's why the credentials you entered only let you change limited settings on the router interface. Do you know who the admin is? If not, it's likely your ISP, contact your ISP usually they can set up a port forwarding rule for you.

If that's not possible (and you are the only person in the network) you could set the router to bridge mode and plug your computer into it.