New, Empires at War Scenario....need suggestion and testers, preferible with experience in the game.

Belisarius17

Hi Everyone, I am working on a map project with the Atlas editor for 8 players or against the AL. I named the Scenario 0 AD Empires at War, and this scenario cover the period of 300 BC to 250 AC, In the Mediterranean and Central Europe  during those times.... The concept for  this  scenario is to put all players close to the Geo political situation of each of the main 9 civilizations of the Mediterranean and Central Europe during that period. 

For example... The Athenians start in Greece and have all the buildings including a wonder, so the Egyptians as well....but can they keep it??? Because they are surrounded by other civilizations that have some new advantages to take on both... 

Or you can play as the Gauls...in their case, they are surrounded by other hostiles tribes, and will have to defeat them all in order to expand, same for the Romans, who start with a strong army, but a little city in the center of the Italian Peninsula, and will have to deal with other Italian states in their borders before taking on everyone else... Those are just examples of the Geo political situation of those civilizations in the scenario.   

Each player will need to conquer a couple of Buffer states close to their National borders in order to expand and fight other players. I am looking for players with experience, so they can help me with suggestions and map testing... I am new at 0 AD...got the new  24 version of the game a few months ago,  I already played a few games with the AL to learn the ropes... But it is the scenario editor what really got me hook , because of all the beautiful scenarios and art that can be created with it... I am a lover of Military History, and specially the classical age... And 0 Ad as game have become a dream come true for me... I love the game.....

Here is a preview of the whole map for the scenario, I have been working on it for 3 weeks and is not ready yet... I am adding a lot of stuff, from relics and secret passages to fauna according to the different regions of the map ... The Map is a gigantic one by the way pack with small  fauna details. Here is a panoramic picture of how is looking so far, all comments and suggestions are welcome... Thank you all for your time and attention.

783771576_0ADEMPIRESATWARPREVIEWnew.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Hi , Thanks for replying...I think that probably like  a month... I need to be sure that the game will run without warnings about missing stuff and things like that....I still learning the ropes as I go with the game so the editor as well.... And thank you so much for sharing those links...I will go and check them out for sure...Thanks.

Edited by Belisarius17
  • Like 1

Hi Angen, I see in your profile pictures , that you are one of the designers....so first...I want to thank you and your team for such a beautiful jewel of a Game...0 AD is a dream come true for me....So I want to thank you and congratulate you and your whole team for making such a fun and outstanding game. And to your question... That's a yes....all players will have to  fight for resources, so for the relics and treasures across the maps, the same will go for good strategic locations in order to build cities and ports and keep on conquering territories... Most of the locations for those cities and ports will be on locations that represent the real location of those strategic cities and ports across the map as it happened in real history. All players will start with most of the buildings, but not the upgrades, Greeks and Egyptians will start with a wonder... Carthage will start with a super Dock in North Africa with a few trireme and trader ships, and some units made of units from most the Mediterranean and Central Europe, in order to portray them as diversity civilization as the start of the game....because as the Persians, they were...  The Romans will start with  some 30 units made of Champion swordsmen (Legionaries) Cavalry, a Bimere  and 30 female citizens...so they have a lot of units....but they will have to fight their way up against the Gauls in northern Italy and the Italian independent states inside the Italian Peninsula before going after everyone or keeping everyone else for going after them... All in game civilizations will have some advantages and disadvantages base on their geopolitical situation as in real history, forcing each player to think what  units to make, where to move it's units in search of resources,  and who and where to attack... I want players to think as Kings and generals.... The scenario will have passages across the mountains, treasures, relics, and goals to accomplish for each player before going total war on everybody else.... Expect a lot of sea battles too... I really want the players to fight at sea for resources.... The sea will be packed with them,  Islands will have treasures, relics and some will have large resources. I want the scenario to be a challenge and fun  one for everyone no matter what faction they choose to play with.  The game is for up to 8 players, or for one or a few players against the AL. Everyone can play as The Carthaginians, or the Gauls, or the Persians, Romans or any of the other civilization in a single  game or get some friends and play as allies against the Al itself.... My goal as a 0 AD fan is to make a scenario that hold the spirit of the 0 AD engine, and it's designers concept but with a small Rome total war touch to it, in order to make the experience a little more accurate to History and therefore an educational one as well while having fun. As the Ancient History fan that I am, I do really love 0 AD.... And I want to  congratulate you so all your team of designers and artist as well once more, for creating this Jewel of a game... The world pandemic running around these days have not been an easy one for me to deal with. But finding 0 AD have made it  easier for me to deal with... Your Atlas designer tool is an amazing tool too... It reminds me of the old Age of Empires one...but better, I do really love it. Thank you for your reply and for your contact address... Please, let me know if is ok with you for me to  contact you privately, so as soon as I finish the scenario, send you the file, so you can test it, and polish it if you think that will make it better. Once again, thank you so much for your time and attention. 

Edited by Belisarius17
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

THE GAULS! They where a Celtic warrior society, from Germanic and Dutch origin, The Gaul Player need to conquer at least one of the 3 Warrior Tribes surrounding him, in order to cross to the south. Where the other civilizations will be, probably warring at each other by the time he gets there.

THE GAULS TRIBES!.jpg

Edited by Belisarius17
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, soloooy0 said:

quite spectacular, you can feel the hours, it will be very interesting.
I only have the question of resources and which zones will be the most important to dominate to gain resources or control the sea. 

Hey, how cool...Hi soloooy0, to tell you the truth, I don't know yet...but Im doing a lot of historical research about it, to project the historical situation as real as it was according to history, for example, Spain was very rich in Iron, in metals, and gold, silver....and the weather was great...so everyone was going there to get those metals, either by trade or war...Same happened to the Macedonians, those guys hit the jack pock back in those days and did great as using diplomacy  and war and making good use of all the gold they found above the city of Byzantium, by the way, that port is also in the game...you, know, Im trying to make it as close as possible to What most classical agree on, in to the game, while making it always a fun experience for everyone, no matter what faction, you want to play. 

• Like 1

Here is a pick of the Romans, at the start of the Game, they have a very strong army, compare to everyone around them, but they are surrounded by buffer states, like Iliria, and Pirro, in the Balkans, dividing them from getting in contact with Macedonia, to the North, The Gauls, with a few colonies over the ruins of what once was the Etruscan civilization. There will be some treasures in that region and relics. To the south, The Romans will also have to conquer the Samnites Italic cities...Rome may look Strong, but it's a geopolitical situation at the beginning of the game will be crucial. The Rome player situation is very similar from the one of the Gauls, and it will require as much adaptability, and strategy while getting ready to face a lot of opposition.  from their adversaries across the map. I think the Roman player will be the hardest to play, regardless of how strong it may looks at the beginning of the game...but that will be up to the players that play as Rome, to decide.

THE ROMANS..jpg

Edited by Belisarius17
  • Like 2

The Roman Player, start with 4 of these little squads, I brand as Legions, All of them are Champions. But if you play Rome, play them well, because their replacements will not be as good as the first units you will keep training to send to war during the whole game... And war, have always been a Roman way of life as the society they were, So Expect a lot of none stop battles, offensive as defensible. If you are the kind of player that love to fight from day one. Rome is for you. At least I'm trying to make it feel that way.

THE ROMANS legion..jpg

The Iberians, in the mountains of Galicia, and Cantabria, Northern Spain. These guys were the BIG Dadies of guerrilla warfare, and made the best swords of that age. The Romans copied them, for their Legions, and named it The Gladius, and from the Gauls, the Romans copied their Helmets. I just found out because I watch Kings and Generals in you tube, and those guys make the best documentaries about the 0 AD age these game represent...and I highly recommend it. Specially to any player that love to make 0 AD mods scenarios while experimenting and discovery the power of the 0 AD Atlas editor and all it's many possibilities.   I LOVE 0 AD, Can't help it.

THE IBERIANS.jpg

Edited by Belisarius17