Feature: TG Minimap with team bullets on the edge

seeh

What about giving each player the tech "cartography" right at the beginning instead, for free?

I don't really see why it should be good that the tech has to researched first, especially as it has been removed from the market.

In my opinion the tech "diaspora" should also be easier to get, wouldnt that be more fun?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

What about giving each player the tech "cartography" right at the beginning instead, for free?

That's how it was before it was changed to a tech at the market. Also I think there was a mod making this a game option for a23.

As for the idea in the OP, what is the issue with having people announce their position in team chat?

1 hour ago, hyperion said:

As for the idea in the OP, what is the issue with having people announce their position in team chat?

unnecessary and therefore a bit annoying and i something i do it wrong (seldom but happens e.g. when I've already turned the map). then it happens i attack in the wrong direction for trying get help a partner. or i build house-walls at the wrong side. ( sometimes the partners are not so nice to my in the team chat. as if I were doing it on purpose. some beginners don't say it either. was the same with me. )

maybe the effort to program this is too great

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Player of 0AD said:

that would be also fine for me too. But for me it is only about the rough orientation and that you don’t have to write a lot in the chat at the beginning. often also ask. unnecessary and sometimes a long time.

1 minute ago, nani said:

In some maps the players are indeed placed like that but you cant assume it, so I don't think is a good idea. 

I agree with nani. In some random maps players of 1 team could be spawned all in a cluster at the centre, in which case this pointing system is useless. In more extreme cases 4 players could all spawn on the diameter of the circle, which messes up the pointers. 

Telling your teammates position and discussing which strategy to adopt is crucial. You still need to scout to find out which enemy is next to you, which will determine your strategy. Maybe your teammate knows that enemy's playstyle.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Yekaterina said:
18 hours ago, nani said:

In some maps the players are indeed placed like that but you cant assume it, so I don't think is a good idea. 

I agree with nani. In some random maps players of 1 team could be spawned all in a cluster at the centre, in which case this pointing system is useless.

understand. i hope this helps / its better idea:

image.png.d63e84df17f6858002b3a8e3333696ed.png

Edited by seeh
  • Like 2