Zapotecs 2.0

Lion.Kanzen

6 hours ago, Lopess said:

Proposal - Zapotec rulers of the Preclassic Period, early classic. ( AI player names)

The current names are PosClasico (1300-1520), In this proposal there are only attested names from preclassic to classic (200 BC - 550 AD) It's not perfect but it's much closer.

- 200 B.C.

(5 Alligator) /// Chantino ///Gaayu’ Chilla

- 400 A.D.- 550 A.D.
(8 earthquake)///Monte Albán ///Xhono Xoo

(11 Rain)///Monte Albán ///Chii ne tobi  Lape

(4 Alligator )///Monte Albán ///Tapa  Chilla

(13 Soap plant )///Monte Albán ///Chii ne chonna Piya

(5 jaguar)///Monte Albán ///Gaayu’ Beedxe

(13 earthquake)///Monte Albán ///Chii ne chonna  Guela

Fonts:
http://www.famsi.org/zapotecwriting/zapotec_figures.pdf

*There are a few more names, I will consult my pdfs and leave this post.

*The translations for Zapoteco are mine, from online content, I believe the numbers are very "up to date" if someone has more contact with the language even more with Proto-Zapoteco would be of great help.

Which names would you use? For instance, 5 Alligator or Gaayu’ Chilla?

• 1 month later...

My proposal:

- Heroes need to be historical characters, jaguar king and battle priest are cool as special units, not as heroes.

- They need at least 1 warship, probably just a longer and wider but similar styled canoe (and those canoes should have patterns a little different that those from the buildings).

- Idk how realistic it is to give them that battery ram. What do you think about a basic battery ram like the one of the Scythians? This one could be made of stone instead of wood.

- The actual wonder is pretty nice modeled, and it could be used as an special temple. But what do you think of the Mitla's palace as the wonder?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/5ca28997-fd97-4f39-8ce6-82a48fe65772/Mitla-the-hall-of-columns

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitla

800px-12-05oaxaca076.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dasaavawar said:

My proposal:

- Heroes need to be historical characters, jaguar king and battle priest are cool as special units, not as heroes.

- They need at least 1 warship, probably just a longer and wider but similar styled canoe (and those canoes should have patterns a little different that those from the buildings).

- Idk how realistic it is to give them that battery ram. What do you think about a basic battery ram like the one of the Scythians? This one could be made of stone instead of wood.

- The actual wonder is pretty nice modeled, and it could be used as an special temple. But what do you think of the Mitla's palace as the wonder?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/5ca28997-fd97-4f39-8ce6-82a48fe65772/Mitla-the-hall-of-columns

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitla

800px-12-05oaxaca076.jpg

Hello @Dasaavawar About the Heroes it was very difficult to find them are real names of Zapotec rulers of Monte Alban in the pre-Classic and Early Classic period(Take a look at the reference links I quoted above.). Their names are attested (names date as was common at that time) but as we do not yet have a complete translation of the Zapotec writing system, we therefore do not have access to their recorded heroic deeds. Miltla was not a big city even in 500 BC. -1.a.c (period of 0ad) Nor in period 1 d.c. to 500 d.c. (period that I believe Delenda Est accesses in a way too). Mitla only became the city we see after the fall of Monte Alban.

About the siege ram and the canoe are themes that have been and can still be debated.We have two facts

1# The Mesoamericans already knew about the wheel, but we don't have access to any information about a use in a siege ram. But that doesn't change the fact that a ram for gameplay effects becomes necessary in 0ad.

2# Canoes were known throughout America but we have to remember the Zapotecs even in the Mesoamerican context was not a civilization marked by the domination of the sea, in fact they were much more a mountain people and high altitude valleys than anything else.

Sorry, my google translater english.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I intend to expose here a sequence of realistic technologies for the Forge (or armory) Pre-Classic Zapotec (and for Mesoamericans in general). Initially, I intend to replace a standard 0ad technology with a name and technology suitable for a preclassical Mesoamerican civilization.

Then we can discuss unique technologies and in the future some Zapoteco names for them.

Mesoamerican forge (Zapotec armory) tecnologics

soldier_attack_melee_01 -- Secondary weapon// Chert knife.

soldier_attack_melee_02 -- Improves obsidian blades.

soldier_attack_melee_03 -- Improves green obsidian blades.

soldier_attack_ranged_01 -- atlatl.

soldier_attack_ranged_02 -- Chert arrowhead.

soldier_attack_ranged_03 -- obsidian arrowhead.

soldier_resistance_hack_01 -- padded armor.

soldier_resistance_hack_02 -- armor padded with salt.

soldier_resistance_hack_03 -- wood reinforced helmets.

soldier_resistance_pierce_01 -- reinforced shields.

soldier_resistance_pierce_02 -- leather reinforced shields.

soldier_resistance_pierce_03 -- wood reinforced shields.

archer_attack_spread -- atlatl training.

Edited by Lopess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Other features that can be considered.

Military organization with the insignia of officers who would help organize the battlefield and formations.

Fire attacks against enemy structures.

In addition to protecting battle uniforms, they had strong ritual and psychological value.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lopess said:

I intend to expose here a sequence of realistic technologies for the Forge (or armory) Pre-Classic Zapotec (and for Mesoamericans in general). Initially, I intend to replace a standard 0ad technology with a name and technology suitable for a preclassical Mesoamerican civilization.

Then we can discuss unique technologies and in the future some Zapoteco names for them.

Mesoamerican forge (Zapotec armory) tecnologics

soldier_attack_melee_01 -- Secondary weapon// Chert knife.

soldier_attack_melee_02 -- Improves obsidian blades.

soldier_attack_melee_03 -- Improves green obsidian blades.

soldier_attack_ranged_01 -- atlatl.

soldier_attack_ranged_02 -- Chert arrowhead.

soldier_attack_ranged_03 -- obsidian arrowhead.

soldier_resistance_hack_01 -- padded armor.

soldier_resistance_hack_02 -- armor padded with salt.

soldier_resistance_hack_03 -- wood reinforced helmets.

soldier_resistance_pierce_01 -- reinforced shields.

soldier_resistance_pierce_02 -- leather reinforced shields.

soldier_resistance_pierce_03 -- wood reinforced shields.

archer_attack_spread -- atlatl training.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone this.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...