REQUEST: Eye candy/nice screenshots for Social media postings

Greetings all

Wasn't sure where best to post this, but as it's an art related request, i thought here might be quite good :) 

So, I'm now responsible for some of the PR and Social media posting from official 0AD platforms. I'm trying to ensure that regular comms are going to be posted on the mainstream SM channels and while I'm doing okay for the actual written content, to properly engage it's pretty much standard these days to have an eye catching bit of imagery to head up the post, especially on Insta. As anyone whose seen my thumbnails on the videos on my Youtube channel will testify, while my take on graphics is sometimes amusing, it's probably not what is called for here! So I thought I'd throw it out to you guys to see if anyone can assist.

Essentially we will be having a monthly news item on the official 0aD website, and elements of that will be echoed or linked to on each of the social media platforms, so I need a lead image for the website article that can be branded up and resized if required. I think a sensible resolution shot of something cool within the gameplay would probably be enough, just something representative of the game, not too bothered about biome, etc, maybe some of the good looking vistas and landscapes, maybe some cool looking close quarter combat. 

Images may get used more than once, or possibly cut into sliced montages to get a bit more mileage out of them - there will probably be more demand for these stock images as the number of SM postings increases (ultimately hoping to do one major announcement a month and smaller ones every week)

If anyone wants to be involved or has any images to donate, just drop me a DM.

Many thanks

Jim

• Like 3

In the local.cfg file you can change the maximum and minimum zoom as well as the range of angles of the camera. This allows you to see from ground level and from the perspective of an unit. Hopefully this will allow you to take some pretty pictures of TG from first person perspective. 

13 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

In the local.cfg file you can change the maximum and minimum zoom as well as the range of angles of the camera. This allows you to see from ground level and from the perspective of an unit. Hopefully this will allow you to take some pretty pictures of TG from first person perspective. 

Press Alt+D in-game to toggle the developer panel and deactivate the limited camera for even more freedom.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mysticjim said:

As anyone whose seen my thumbnails on the videos on my Youtube channel will testify, while my take on graphics is sometimes amusing, it's probably not what is called for here!

Indeed, I do use the Alt-D thing to get my thumbnail angles, I'm just a bit rubbish when it comes to making them look classy! I deliberately tend to go for a more over-exposed, punk rock look to mine! Whereas for the official Social Media posts, I want something that shows off the pretty bits of the game :) 

• 2 years later...