Addition of Han Chinese to 0AD

7 hours ago, UltraMan said:

How to download this mod for testing ? I cloned the repo from github in ~/.local/share/0ad/mods but its not showing up in game

It's no longer a mod, it has already been commited to A26 svn. You need to download and compile the svn version. Instructions here:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

I made a video if that wiki page is too confusing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the Han Chinese faction is being included with the next alpha, let's also propose the names of the town and city phases for the notification and phase-up tech. One that has been neglected for some of the other factions...

For the town phase, how about Chéngshì (城市, Dyeng-dyu)? For city, Dūshì (都市, Ta-dyu). Can't find a better one for the former though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carltonus said:

As the Han Chinese faction is being included with the next alpha, let's also propose the names of the town and city phases for the notification and phase-up tech. One that has been neglected for some of the other factions...

For the town phase, how about Chéngshì (城市, Dyeng-dyu)? For city, Dūshì (都市, Ta-dyu). Can't find a better one for the former though.

Suggestions: Village: Cūnzhuāng (村庄), Town: Xiāngzhèn (乡镇), City: Chéngshì (城市).

• Thanks 1

3 小时前,Carltonus 说:

由于汉族派系正在包含在下一个 alpha 中,让我们也为通知和升级技术提出城镇和城市阶段的名称。 一个被其他一些派系忽视的...

对于城镇阶段,Chéngshì(城市,Dyeng-dyu)怎么样? 对于城市,Dūshì(都市,Ta-dyu)。 虽然找不到更好的前者。

From the Chinese administrative level, it should be "县Xian", "郡Jun", "都Du/京Jing"。

“乡Xiang” is not necessary. Because at the level of "县Xian", there will be regular official offices and the army can be mobilized.

• Like 1

Hold on for a moment! The names of the two phases should be attested in ancient Chinese literature, whether one-character or two-character. We should not be using anything anachronistic, as in after the Han dynasty.

1 hour ago, OliverLew said:

Suggestions: Village: Cūnzhuāng (村庄), Town: Xiāngzhèn (乡镇), City: Chéngshì (城市).

Note that Cūnzhuāng (Sun-srang) is not first attested in Old Chinese, but in the poetry of Wang Wei (Tang dynasty), too late to be used here. Is Xiāngzhèn (Qang-tin(s)) attested in the older literature?

17 minutes ago, AIEND said:

From the Chinese administrative level, it should be "县Xian", "郡Jun", "都Du/京Jing"。

Xiàn (Gwens), Jùn (Gluns), and Dū (Ta)/Jīng (Krang) seems more fitting for this era.

33 分钟前,Carltonus 说:

Hold on for a moment! The names of the two phases should be attested in ancient Chinese literature, whether one-character or two-character. We should not be using anything anachronistic, as in after the Han dynasty.

请注意,村庄(Sun-srang)并非首先在古汉语中得到证实,而是在王维(唐朝)的诗歌中得到证实,在这里使用太晚了。 相真(Qang-tin(s))在较早的文献中得到证实吗?

Xiàn (Gwens)、Jùn (Gluns) 和 Dū (Ta)/Jīng (Krang) 似乎更适合这个时代。

Naturally, it would be better to add tones to Hanyu Pinyin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carltonus said:

Forgot about that. In Han dynasty, there are multiple administrative levels, called 郡县制 (jùn xiàn zhì, Prefectures and counties):

州 (Zhōu) > 郡 (Jùn) > 县 (Xìan) > 乡 (Xiāng) > 里 (Lĭ)

So, City -> 郡 (Jùn), Town -> 县 (Xìan), Village -> 乡 (Xiāng) might be appropriate, too. The actual meaning is also very close.

BTW, "都Du/京Jing" means the capital city.

Edited by OliverLew
update
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OliverLew said:

忘了那个。 汉代有多级行政级别,称为郡县制(jùn xiàn zhì,郡县):

州 (Zhōu) > 郡 (Jùn) > 县 (Xìan) > 乡 (Xiāng) > 里 (Lĭ)

因此,City -> 郡 (Jùn)、Town -> 县 (Xìan)、Village -> 乡 (Xiāng) 也可能是合适的。 实际含义也很接近。

顺便说一句,“都都/京京”是指首都。

Before the end of the Eastern Han Dynasty, excluding the vassal states, it was the second-level local administrative unit of Jun and Xian, and the Zhou was only a unit to supervise the local government. The third stage is more suitable to use the capital, because it represents the central government, and some buildings representing the imperial court also appeared in this stage.

6 minutes ago, OliverLew said:

City -> 郡 (Jùn), Town -> 县 (Xìan), Village -> 乡 (Xiāng) might be appropriate, too. The actual meaning is also very close.

That makes more historically-accurate sense. Does the rest of the community have consensus? "Xìan" (縣, Gwēns/*ɡʷeːns) and "Jùn" (郡, Gluns/*ɡluns) are ones to be put in the phase_town_generic.json and phase_city_generic.json files, respectively, for the "han" parameter.

15 minutes ago, OliverLew said:

BTW, "都Du/京Jing" means the capital city.

Knew that both characters mean the capital, as that would only apply to Chang'an (Xi'an) if within 0 A.D. timeframe...

What can you come up for the empire phase for your mod, @wowgetoffyourcellphone. Should be another one-character, maybe two.

• Thanks 1

It appears there is still little to none, given that...

On 3/3/2022 at 1:06 AM, AIEND said:

[t]he third stage is more suitable to use the capital, because it represents the central government, and some buildings representing the imperial court also appeared in this stage.

@AIEND has a point there, but that gives rise to which buildings ("structures" as we call here) represent such. Awaiting response to whether they agree or disagree with the two names from the changeset.

1 hour ago, Carltonus said:

鉴于...

@AIEND 有一个观点,但这会产生哪些建筑物(我们在这里称之为“结构”)代表这样的建筑物。 等待响应他们是否同意变更集中的两个名称。

Because I found that these structures have been made, such as the academy buildings to train 期门Qimen (虎贲Huben) and 羽林Yulin, and the government buildings to train civil servants, which are departments that only Han capitals have. If we set the three stages as 乡Xiang-县Xian-郡Jun, then we need to consider whether to retain these structures. In fact, I think their functions can be divided into civic centers and fortresses, because the civic center in the Han Dynasty itself represents the government.

• Like 1

One thing is about the religious architecture of the Han Dynasty. There was no Buddhism and Taoism in the Western Han Dynasty, but 巫祝Wuzhu in the temple Miao carried out religious activities. These people were not monks of a folk religious group, but official positions set up by the state, which could be held by women.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 05/02/2023 at 6:33 PM, LienRag said:

"reduces tech costs by 50%"

Hi LienRag,

I used my low skills to try to find the quoted phrase. I couldn't find it neither in /templates/units/han/catafalque.xml nor in /templates/template_unit_catafalque.xml. Plus it isn't listed in the search results of trac.

Then I found a change from a year ago that led me to the idea, I could have sth. to do with non-existing aura data in ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/auras/units/catafalques. I guess there should be files called han_catafalque_1.json and han_catafalque_2.json containing those quoted reductions.

I hope that helps fixing the problem, but I cannot guarantee.

Well, I translated from French, the exact phrase is "réduit les technologies de 50%".

If it doesn't, what does it do besides expanding territory ?

Also, I didn't entirely understand what you wrote : you mean that it was supposed to have an aura which reduces tech costs, but that aura was scrapped ?

On 06/03/2022 at 5:43 PM, AIEND said:

Because I found that these structures have been made, such as the academy buildings to train 期门Qimen (虎贲Huben) and 羽林Yulin, and the government buildings to train civil servants, which are departments that only Han capitals have. If we set the three stages as 乡Xiang-县Xian-郡Jun, then we need to consider whether to retain these structures. In fact, I think their functions can be divided into civic centers and fortresses, because the civic center in the Han Dynasty itself represents the government.

Imperial Academy? 

How about Imperial Barracks?

I have a question about these Imperial Guards, are they field army? or just palace guard served to protect the Imperial capital and the Imperial government?