Addition of Han Chinese to 0AD

2 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Please don't copy Delenda EST. Their skirmishers smashed my siege like an elephant then some German skirmishers plus sword took out an entire tower in no time. My small group of archers shot down a tower in 15 seconds.

I just want to see what additional thing is missing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Lol, siege towers in general, even in EA, are weird and lame. The game is just not built (yet) for interesting siegework. :) Siege Towers need a lot of work. 

That is not true. Rams are decent in EA and 10 fully garrisoned siege towers can smash a cc just by walking straight past it 

5 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

He gave them incompetent siege. in DE even archers do a better job than the bolt shooters. Their siege towers are a joke in DE. I took out a fortress with a few spearmen but 5 bolt shooters and 3 siege towers cannot make a dent in anything.

I have not played DE for a long time.

1 minute ago, Yekaterina said:

That is not true. Rams are decent in EA and 10 fully garrisoned siege towers can smash a cc just by walking straight past it 

We weren't talking about rams. And some siege towers walking past a CC and taking it down seems lame to me. lol Is that really how you envision a siege tower should work? :) 

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

We weren't talking about rams. And some siege towers walking past a CC and taking it down seems lame to me. lol Is that really how you envision a siege tower should work?

In real life siege towers did not do that but in 0AD it feels so pleasurable to see all of your enemy infrastructure and units annihilated by a row of siege towers.

8 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Please don't copy Delenda EST. Their skirmishers smashed my siege like an elephant then some German skirmishers plus sword took out an entire tower in no time. My small group of archers shot down a tower in 15 seconds.

A defense tower or a siege tower? You have said this before, and I decided to do some tests in Atlas and a "small group" of archers does not take down a defense tower in 15 seconds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

defense tower or a siege tower? You have said this before, and I decided to do some tests in Atlas and a "small group" of archers does not take down a defense tower in 15 seconds

I am talking about palisade towers. Sorry about the confusion. By small group I meant around 30, with upgrades.

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

tests with 30 elite archers, it took those 30 archers 4+ minutes to take down a wooden defense tower. It took 2+ minutes take down a palisade tower

I have a feeling I might have played an unstable/Dec version of the mod because it was quite some time ago and I got it from some weird channel. You probably have fixed the problem.

13 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

@Lion.Kanzen @Stan` I made my own repository with bug fixes. I tried to push to the official one but I was denied access, so I made my own repo. 

https://github.com/Yekaterina999/han_china-master

Just ask for access ? It's a bit of a pain to have to download a second repo just to dump it into the first one.

You can also "fork" ours and make a pull request.

36 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Just ask for access ? It's a bit of a pain to have to download a second repo just to dump it into the first one.

You can also "fork" ours and make a pull request.

I am sorry I am not fluent with git yet. I just cloned your repo and hopefully I can do it right this time. Can you give me access please? I am not sure how to request.

I was doing some testing with the crossbow champions. Frankly, I found them a bit useless. They have extremely long preparation time and fire delay, which makes them poor against units. Their 40 pierce is enough to take out any unit but useless against siege or buildings. They are pretty good against elephants but it ends there, especially given the cost. 

Therefore, I propose the following changes:

1. Increase their firing rate. The Chinese crossbow had magazines which made them almost semi automatic. Maybe firing rate be like 800ms

2. Decrease pierce. No need for 40 pierce if you have decent firing rate. Something like 14 would be way enough because those bows were not too strong.

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Edited by Yekaterina