democracy mod - all use the same mod -

vote and finally the dice determines (shortlist).

so its absolutely fair for everybody (off course maybe you need to play a civ you don't have experience).

such a mod i probably easy to write? i don't know.

needs a voting system. every player says his loved civ. in the event of a tie, the dice decides

• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2021 at 11:28 PM, seeh said:

vote and finally the dice determines (shortlist).

so its absolutely fair for everybody (off course maybe you need to play a civ you don't have experience).

such a mod i probably easy to write? i don't know.

needs a voting system. every player says his loved civ. in the event of a tie, the dice decides

Sorry I don't understand what you are talking about. 

The thing is, most players above 1500 don't have any civ that they are not experienced in. 

I think he means this: All players need to vote a civ at the game setup, the most voted one wins and all players are forced to play that voted civ. He wants this to be called the "democracy mod".

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

The thing is, most players above 1500 don't have any civ that they are not experienced in. 

You'd be surprised, especially with the many fake rated players.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, seeh said:

need disagree. nearly every day i found a TG they command not to use archer CIVs

The reason why they ban archer civs is because archer civs are too overpowered. Mauryans and Persians have pop bonus which is OP if you use them. Archers are too strong in this release so they ban it to prevent the archers from taking out everyone in 15 minutes. This is quite the opposite of not good at civs. 

If they are willing to ban archer civs then they must be quite good at all other civs as well. Non-archer civs:

(merc archers): Ptol, Sele, Mace, Athen

(strictly no archers): Sparta, Rome, Brit, Gaul, Iber

Out of these my personal favourite is Mace, but you be deadly if you play any of these well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:
39 minutes ago, seeh said:

The reason why they ban archer civs is because archer civs are too overpowered.

of course, many talked it before. motivation is to have fair play in all (civs, resources, ...?).
the most radical way to do this, make all this same.

Edited by seeh

2 hours ago, seeh said:

of course, many talked it before. motivation is to have fair play in all (civs, resources, ...?).
the most radical way to do this, make all this same.

I am not sure if this is the best option. There are always the few civs that we really don't like to play as. For me it is the celtic factions. For other people they might think Macedonians are trash, but in my opinion they are very versatile and extremely strong if used well. If you force everyone to play as Celts or Macedon then that takes the fun out of a lot of people. 

2 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

I am not sure if this is the best option. There are always the few civs that we really don't like to play as. For me it is the celtic factions. For other people they might think Macedonians are trash, but in my opinion they are very versatile and extremely strong if used well. If you force everyone to play as Celts or Macedon then that takes the fun out of a lot of people. 

Hes talking about adding it as a mod though (I think), not the main game. Anyone can make the choice to download it or not. But i doubt anyone is going to make the mod for you, @seeh.