Ranting About School

My biggest problems with school are:

Homework. I don't see the nead to have to repeat everything we spent six and a half hours learning alreaddy.

Waking Up Early: Waking up at 6:30 is way too early for me. I like bak in the glory day when we got to wake up at 8.

How Long It Is: In both elementary and middle school we only had to go to school for 6 hours. Now in highschool there are 6 and a half hours of school. That half an hour makes a big difference.

I really only have 3 major gripes about school. And I just want to say, these may only apply to my school.

1. Tests. Stupidest thing ever invented. They don't test you on your knowledge they test you on study habits. I think I am one of the few people that share this view but their should be "pop tests". Then you will be tested on what you know.

2. Funding. Public scools these days are way underfunded. Class sizes are too big.

3. Paranoia. Atleast in my school there is way too much of it. They even went as far as to install cameras in the bathrooms. They have cameras all over the place. They have a cop that patrols the place. They do back back searches because everyone know if youhave a back pack you automatically either have drugs or guns in it.

Lesser problems-------

1. Teachers. Now, I know it is hard to find good teachers but they should try. Teachers they don't get annoyed easily. Tolerant teachers.

2. My school sucks. Not only are there constant problems with the heating but when I came to school today, around 4 or 5 classes were flooded from pipes.

• 4 weeks later...

All year, our teachers complain about budget cuts and beg for extra supplies from students and parents. Then a few months ago, the school ripped down the old marquee sign (you know, that displays upcoming events) and installed a brand spanking new electronic marquee that displays tempurature, date, awards, upcoming games, etc. Now when the school starts putting money where it belongs, like in...I don't know...printer paper!...then I'll make a donation if necessary.

AIAK

Hm, I don't go to school anymore, but I'll probably go to college in sept.

Anyway, about my old school....

Whenever the year I was in moved up one, the lower years would get better stuff. When I was in about year 10, they started handing out Laptops to some of the lower years and after 4 years you got to keep it... but we never got that.

The fact that they're only teaching us to pass exams... this one really gets me.

Throughout 2002 + 2003 I suffered from migraines. A Lot. And consequently I had a lot of time off of school. Now I've left school, I get them very rarely...

;)

All year, our teachers complain about budget cuts and beg for extra supplies from students and parents. Then a few months ago, the school ripped down the old marquee sign (you know, that displays upcoming events) and installed a brand spanking new electronic marquee that displays tempurature, date, awards, upcoming games, etc. Now when the school starts putting money where it belongs, like in...I don't know...printer paper!...then I'll make a donation if necessary.

Well, I am a teacher :) and I can tell you that I see that everyday ... Our school lacks teachers in several fields ... so students do not have French or Maths classes. There is nobody to replace sick teachers or teachers taking a maternity leave ... HOWEVER, there is enough money to spend on a whole brand new computer server, which is totally unnecessary, that costs over €200,000 (US$240,000) ... and I could give you ten similar examples.

Anyway, that shows the stupidity and the lack of knowledge of many "decidors" ... I also know that lobbies manage to influence our political leaders' decisions ... anyway ... HUGE debate !