Just A Little Idea!

ZeZar

That would be a great feature :) plus have fords so guys who don't build bridges (Huns, etc) can get across rivers. And if there are engineer units available that could increase build rate and stuff that could give guys like the Greeks, Carthaginians, and Romans an advantage when building them. Maybe the bridges could be upgraded from wood to stone, which would be seriously cool :)Would also allow for some interesting tactics (Stirling Bridge in the ancient world anyone? :lol:) ;)

I'm not a programmer, but I would think it would be somewhat easy to implement (sorta like the marshes in AoE....don't know if that's right or not, only played demo....long time ago... :P). But I don't know...need a coder up here :P

Something similar was done in Red Alert and Red Alert 2 (better in the last one).

Bridges were neutral, and could be destroyed by anyone (by firing at it). There were little houses by the ends of the bridge you could send an engineer into. If you sent an engineer, the bridge would be repaired.

Yes, just like in RA2 would have been awsome!

AOM couldn't have a bridge the same reason they couldn't have, say, archers on top of walls, because they couldn't make buildings "walkable", since AOM had a proper Z-axis, so that you couldn't "lift" something, and obviously the elevation is still low if you have a bridge over water. AOM Editor has a bridge, but you can't walk on it. (It's a crap bridge too.)

If this is in 0AD it'd be great.. especially destructible (only thing missing in AOK.) and reparable. It's just add so much realism. However, it should be cheaper and faster than building a dock and getting a transport, right? :lol:

@Ulysses S Griffin; No, they couldnt! Not that i remember all though!

Well, AoM brigdes sucks! Please make it like RA2, and so ships can go beneeth...

And; I think that you guys are doing lot of good work, and if you really want his game to be "unique" you should do some cool stuff like this; When units are on mountains, enemy units beneeth should not be able to see that, fog of war! And, maybe include grass that units can hide in, like in Praetorians?! Other "Tactical" cool stuff is what i meen, a thing that more and more Dev teams should try to do!