Jump to content

Medieval Fantasy mod


Recommended Posts

This thread is for the development of a Medieval Fantasy mod. @Stan`has done work on the Elves and the Dwarves, the idea would be to complete them and incorporate them into a single mod. It would also be necessary to make other factions. Here is a possible list of civs that the mod would have, but the list is subject to change of course:

Elves

Dwarves 

Humans 

Lizardfolk

Merfolk

Orcs

Undead

Regarding the name of the mod, Stan suggested either Bellum Artis or Polemikó skáfos.

At this stage, we mostly need ideas and a good design document. For example, what Wonder would each civ have? We also need a story for the mod, and stories (or a "history") for each faction.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, m7600 said:

This thread is for the development of a Medieval Fantasy mod. @Stan`has done work on the Elves and the Dwarves, the idea would be to complete them and incorporate them into a single mod. It would also be necessary to make other factions. Here is a possible list of civs that the mod would have, but the list is subject to change of course:

Elves

Dwarves 

Humans 

Lizardfolk

Merfolk

Orcs

Undead

Regarding the name of the mod, Stan suggested either Bellum Artis or Polemikó skáfos.

At this stage, we mostly need ideas and a good design document. For example, what Wonder would each civ have? We also need a story for the mod, and stories (or a "history") for each faction.

 

There were some fantasy models I commissioned from the modeller Kwaliti to produce rendered sprites for Wyrmsun from which might be useful for your project (if the models can be made work with Pyrogenesis):

Skeleton Warrior

https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmsun/tree/master/models/units/undead/skeleton_warrior

Orc Spearthrower

https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmsun/tree/master/models/units/orc/spearthrower

Hobgoblin Warrior

https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmsun/tree/master/models/units/hobgoblin/warrior

Gnoll Warrior

https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmsun/tree/master/models/units/gnoll/warrior

Clay Golem

https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmsun/tree/master/models/units/construct/clay_golem

Hope this helps!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

If you look back far enough, there was some pretty nice content made for Elven structures back in the day when I only had double digit posts to my name.

 

I wasn't able to find TLA assets, I suppose thet were either never shared or taken down?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Starting to sketch the civic center. At this stage, I just want to get the general form right, before I start to texture it and give it details.

Screenshot from 2021-04-16 16-52-51.png

you can also check hyrule conquest for inspiration (hylians,....)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2021 at 7:38 AM, Stan` said:

I wasn't able to find TLA assets, I suppose thet were either never shared or taken down?

Were any actually made? Other than the elven ship that is in 0 AD, that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Andrettin said:

A pity that they aren't in 0 AD like the elven ship then, seeing as it's unlikely there would be any copyright issues with them.

They got a cease and desist letter. @feneur
might know more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan` said:

They got a cease and desist letter. @feneur
might know more.

For the whole project (IIRC), yes, but I imagine the individual structures wouldn't be breaching copyright anyway, unless they were directly based on buildings from LotR official games.

Edited by Andrettin
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, if a book enters the public domain 70 years after the author's death, then Tolkien's works will be in the public domain by the year 2043. Copyright lengths vary from country to country though, so the 70 years in this case is just an estimate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2021 at 5:19 PM, m7600 said:

Starting to texture it. Once this building is done, parts of it can be reused for making other buildings.

Screenshot from 2021-04-17 12-15-23.png

Might want to try to "shade smooth" the roof.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...