Civ: Thebans (Alpha 24)

• 4 weeks later...

@wowgetoffyourcellphone I fixed your bugs in the mod and here is the fixed version. The problems I found were:

1. Mod is labelled for A25 but it is actually for A24. Solution: edit mod.json so that it becomes A24 mod. 

2. Stoa is an empty building which does nothing. Solution: delete it. 

I have done the above two points already, but I  have not played them nor used the scenario editor. Please peer review this:

theban_greeks-master.zip

• Like 1

@Lion.Kanzen @wowgetoffyourcellphone You might want to check if this works well. I haven't done intensive testing on it yet. 

Changes:

1. Deleted some useless and mistake-containing javascript files. 

2. Corrected a reference to infantry_spearman_hoplite which does not exist, so instead I make all hoplite units a child of infantry_spearman. 

3. Deleted some buggy female citizen templates and used the default template of A25. 

2 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

@Lion.Kanzen @wowgetoffyourcellphone You might want to check if this works well. I haven't done intensive testing on it yet. 

Changes:

1. Deleted some useless and mistake-containing javascript files. 

2. Corrected a reference to infantry_spearman_hoplite which does not exist, so instead I make all hoplite units a child of infantry_spearman. 

3. Deleted some buggy female citizen templates and used the default template of A25. 

https://github.com/0ADmods

I'll ask Stan to include you.

@Stan`

Please van be helpful if she is in the team of Council.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

thebans_fixed_A25andA24.zip

I found another bug while playing: In A25 the name for the barrack icon is barracks.png, not pers_barracks. This is the fixed version. With some balancing done, thebans can really become a very strong civ; it has access to all infantry types and has some strong heroes. Furthermore it seems to start with 3 hoplites instead of 2, which is a nice bonus as any additional starting unit is very significant in early game. 

Here is a replay of my test game with the Thebans against 2 very hard defensive AI. Their towers game my ranged units a big pain but it was good to see them using elephants instead of just sitting duck. 

There were some nub moves because I wasn't very familiar with this civ (an excuse ;) ), but everything was smooth after I figured out how to deploy each unit. 

2021-05-17_0001.zip

• Like 1