Civ: Thebans (Alpha 24)

0ZeSIvm.jpg

Download to test:

https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/theban_greeks

Ready for testing! Works with Alpha 24. Adds the Theban civilization to the game as a playable faction. They include 3 new heroes, 2 champions, custom actors, a fix for the plumed Boeotian helmet, 2 special technologies, a team bonus, and more!

Will release on Mod.io in 2 weeks or sooner if all the bugs are ironed out!

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Thank you, but this doesn't work right. Hmm. Flames should billow out of the front and it should almost work like a ram, melee. If it can be hacked to look good with a ranged attack then we can go with that, but I always envisioned it like a melee attack. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Fireraiser fixed and pushed to repo. Any other fixes or bugs? Can bundle soon if not. :) 

Correction. The fire raiser template works now, but it doesn't have the billowing fire effect I want, and the 2 operator dudes don't have custom animations. I'm not going to let that be a release blocker though.

Found an actor bug. :)

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/props/helmet/props/hele_boeotian_hair_b.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/props/helmet/props/hele_boeotian_hair_b.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "props/units/helmets/props/hele_boeotian_hair_02.xml" on actor "hele_boeotian_a_plume"

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/props/helmet/props/hele_boeotian_hair_b.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/props/helmet/props/hele_boeotian_hair_b.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "props/units/helmets/props/hele_boeotian_hair_02.xml" on actor "hele_boeotian_s_plume"

Will try to fix and reupload.

9 minutes ago, Carltonus said:

Played with the mod, and when I place the rally point after selecting the barracks, there is at a random time an error regarding the Han Chinese flag. I will see if I can reproduce this in the next few days.

darn! Good catch! I'll fix now and re-upload the mod.io file. I don't think @Itms has looked at it yet. It's not a huge bug (it only appears once), but if I can fix it under Itms's nose, then I should. ;) 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

21 minutes ago, Carltonus said:

Played with the mod, and when I place the rally point after selecting the barracks, there is at a random time an error regarding the Han Chinese flag. I will see if I can reproduce this in the next few days.

Can you see if this fixes the problem? :) 

theban_greeks_a24_0_1.pyromod

• Thanks 1

This fixes the rally point flag problem as expected. Relieved, don't have to post a video of the error.

Also, some remnants from Delenda Est can still be seen, such as the specific name of the battering ram is in English instead of the expected "Krīós". The name of the Sacred Band can just be called "Hieròs Lókhos" as there are no other Grecian sacred bands as far I as I know.

Looking at the main game, the Athenian battering ram still uses the Spartan actor (i.e. using the Lacedemonian aspides) since game-wide rams were implemented. This was corrected in DE.