"Better Scouting" Scouts Mod

Scout Cavalry mod repository is UP.

https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/scout-mod

ivwpxpW.jpg

This standalone mod adds Scouts to Empires Ascendant. Based on discussion here and elsewhere: 

Features:

• Starting Cavalry now replaced with Scout Cavalry for all civs (a couple civs get Scout Camelry for variation). 
  • Scout Cavalry cannot hunt, but they can build Outposts and, well, SCOUT.
  • Outposts removed from Infantry and Female Citizens and given to Scouts exclusively to emphasize their scouting nature.
Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

I'll give this one 1-2 weeks for testing, then I'll bundle it and post it up on Mod.io. It's a small mod, so if you guys test it out for me and give me feedback I can quickly make changes and finalize everything. :) For those who know how, feel free to submit pull requests for changes and fixes. Otherwise, feel free to ask for changes here in this thread or to report bugs.

• Like 1

I noticed that my scout can kill any domestic animal (chicken, cow, ...) but no other animal. Shouldn't he at least be able to kill the dear wolf when attacked? 

Edit1: Forget it, I think you have already fixed this problem with your latest update. :rolleyes:

Edited by Langbart

5 hours ago, Langbart said:

Edit1: Forget it, I think you have already fixed this problem with your latest update. :rolleyes:

Teehee, I work quick! ;) The parent cavalry template didn't have an attack specified, so I had to do it in the scout template. (y) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...