What Impossible Task Are You Facing Right Now ?

Umm for me it is doing the things below all at the same time:

- programming the new websites

- programming the WFG task manager; perfecting it

- design websites for 3 clients

- programming Wildfire Legends (MMORPG)

- programming Mythos_Warriors (MMORPG)

- being here for the community and making sure that it grows

- go to school and maintain some nice grades

Someone throw me a life line. :D

My tasks aren't impossible, but a bit overwhelming :(

-keeping up with WFG

-trying to complete my task of finding new mods

-trying to get the next Crier article done

-organizing a beginner's computer class

-trying to find a computer lab for said computer class

-thinking about building a basic HTPC

-keeping the Wildfire Legends staff busy

-doing work on Wildfire Legends

-troubleshooting friends' PCs

-providing computer help to clients

-articles looming in my mind

-keeping up with school & chores

-reminding myself I need to work on a tech-demo of the WFG Intranet client sometime in the next 5 years

About all I can think of for now... :D

My impossible tasks are as follows:

-Get rid of the evil stepmom

-Pass all my finals so my parents don't brutally slaughter me

-Finish all my homework and still have time hang out with friends

-Clean up my backyard so I can install either a weightroom or batting cage

-Figure out a way to hack into the school system, change my grades, and not get caught

Impossible Tasks, hmm, I wouldn't say they're impossible, or we wouldn't be doing them :P What would make something impossible for me is if it's not fun or if I don't like doing it :(

But here are the things I have to do

-Post news weekly for AoMH

-Moderate forums at AoMH, need to keep an eye on each thread (20+ new threads a day)

-Maintain and update and script the Scenario Design Library section at AoMH

-Keep up with the AoMH community and their forums

-Currently doing a semi-annual designer awards ceremony, need to count the votes, make the threads, etc

-Keep an eye on idiots who make things hard on moderators at HG

-Answer a couple of Fan emails or Help emails from people asking me stuff (That I get daily :( )

-Talk with a few big timers now and then (For example, today I got an email form GameStar Magazine, they want to put a few of my scenarios in their CD, I need to give them permission, wish their magazine luck etc etc)

-Talk to Reyk about AoM modding and such now and then, any ideas we might have for future New Editor Mods for AoM

-Keep a watch out and cover for any HG staffers on break (need to cover for Socs for example, his internet died)

-Create and manage things proposed by the forruming community (gah, they want a Official review team now?)

-Do anything else that someone might suddenly come on MSN and tell me to do, or do anything else in general that needs "doing"

WFG tasks.... (err, am I allowed to say? I'll keep the details down for privacy, we are making a game afterall)

-Help Tim out with any graphics he needs for sites :P I love doing that, I remember the old days in DGDN when me and Tim did a whole lot of that, it was good times.

-Work on Art for 0AD

-Art includes but is not limmited to: Sprites, 2d textures, terrains, 3d models, mapping 3d models. I do all those yup, and in great quantities, the results of which you'll see in the game.

-Work on the Map Editor DD (it's like 15 pages long and growing, with 20+ visuals and concepts, all by me)

-Talk to any of the programmers about Editor related things, or general ideas I have in terms of graphics (I'm a graphic man afterall)

-Consult with Rich on minor editor details

-Keep up with the forums

-Manage the Core Team (VIPs)

-Keep up discussion with the core team

-Look for new core team members to recruit (all of them are hunted down and personally asked by me, very long work, thats why I get them all in waves)

Other stuff

-Work on the Lp/Matei/CheeZy RPG

-Incharge of all the art for that RPG (gah, so many sprites)

-Run tests on the RPG

-Discuss things and read up on ideas and such for the RPG

Personal stuff (note that all these are on lowest priorety and rarely get worked on)

-Work on minor 3d projects to increase my skills with 3dsmax

-Continue building my Texture database with original and unoriginal (free) material

-Play teh Piano! I've spent maybe 6 hours total on it and already I can play some minor tunes. My biggest passion beyond graphics and everytting else is music. Unfortunatly I suck and have no skills :P Besides for drums. I'm the best at those.

-Draw stuff, sketches, scenes, I usually sketch things while listening to music and relaxing. It's a relaxing activity afterall, takes your mind off things (just like music)

-Scenario Design. This is a sad momment now, I haven't designed anything in many months. There simply isn't time, an ironic thing that I'm famous throughout the web for something I don't even do anymore.

-Find time to talk with people on MSN

-Try my best to be nice to people who anoy me and not to block newbs as soon as I see them say "hay y0 wats up??????" on MSN

Now heres the big one :(

-Do good in school and keep up my social life, meet with friends, etc.

The biggest task of all with my kind of schedual, but I'm surprisingly successful at it.

So thats my "Stuff to do list" Not my To Do list. But you see, as soon as an item is crossed off from my To do list, another one comes up from the Stuff to do list. The list never ends see.

More sadness: I really am stretched out for time now, I'm going to have to give up alot of these things in the future, especially since I'm planning on starting my graphic arts career this summer and do things for real (well, 0AD is quite real, but by "doing things for real" I mean getting payed). I'm a person who does as much as he can, my ultimate goal is to make the best use of my time, and ultimatly my life. I want to make a difference, I want to be the best and I want to be recognized for it. I guess thats what my motivation is to do so much :(

And remember, theres always something you can do. Lucky for me, "boredom" doesn't exist :( I've always got something to do, and I enjoy doing all these things.

[/endhuge_rant]

Heh yeah :( I have lots to do, but I don't do them all at the same time, thats why the To Do list is different.

Anyway, I had to go to school today from 9:00AM to 1:00PM, took a practice SAT test. Man it was terribly hard, we had to do like 300 questions and only had 40 seconds or so to do each one.

I must've done 1,000 multiple choice questions this past week of finals.