Option to enable color markers for Units

Elias

I think it would be positive for some players to have the option to add those color circles at the feet of all units, own and enemies, not only when selected but all the time. Mainly because some terrains are really good at disguising units (except when hidden silhouettes are enabled).

Just an option, disabled by default.

37 minutes ago, Elias said:

I think it would be positive for some players to have the option to add those color circles at the feet of all units, own and enemies, not only when selected but all the time. Mainly because some terrains are really good at disguising units (except when hidden silhouettes are enabled).

Just an option, disabled by default.

Yes, please! I too have wanted such an option for a long time. I don't know how difficult it is to make it an option, though. Maybe something for one of the visibility mods (@badosu, @ffm2, @Langbart, @nani)?

Doing it by default is quite easy, actually; it's already done for heroes. I've written a mod for A24 that does that for all units (including animals) and also for fruit, because fruit can be quite hard to see on some terrains. Here's the mod:

overlays.zip

How it looks in game:

Spoiler

overlays.thumb.jpg.ef5095dd4487b1cd28938a2c8ed67f99.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nescio said:

Yes, please! I too have wanted such an option for a long time. I don't know how difficult it is to make it an option, though. Maybe something for one of the visibility mods (@badosu, @ffm2, @Langbart, @nani)?

Doing it by default is quite easy, actually; it's already done for heroes. I've written a mod for A24 that does that for all units (including animals) and also for fruit, because fruit can be quite hard to see on some terrains. Here's the mod:

overlays.zip 9 kB · 1 download

How it looks in game:

Reveal hidden contents

overlays.thumb.jpg.ef5095dd4487b1cd28938a2c8ed67f99.jpg

Yes! All units with their colors but a bit lighter than the selected ones, it's perfect. I hope many with this preference find this mod too. Thank you!