Classic Mode mod

• The cursor symbols are great.
  • Scout is fast, I love it. "Autoscout" would be fantastic, like a button to switch and go to any black spot on the map automatically.
  • Maybe I need to get used to it, but "cheese" is the first thing that comes to mind when I see these gold blocks.
  • Only one person is allowed on the field, the soldier can't collect resources, that's both okay. But I can't even build buildings with soldiers, big yuck. I think they should be. 
  • The capturing of buildings is gone, but destroying buildings takes quite a long time, unless you have siege weapons. The enemy army took almost 3min to destroy a siege workshop while I pumped out 5 more rams.
  • After researching "Unlock champions infantry" in the barracks, it tells me they are available in the barracks but end up in the fortress. This is your intention, just the info I get from the window is wrong.
  • Thanks for taking the time to make this.
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Langbart said:

Maybe I need to get used to it, but "cheese" is the first thing that comes to mind when I see these gold blocks

Lol yeah, the gold icons could be improved. 

31 minutes ago, Langbart said:

Only one person is allowed on the field, the soldier can't collect resources, that's both okay. But I can't even build buildings with soldiers, big yuck. I think they should be. 

Well... that's how the classic RTS games are. :declare:;)

33 minutes ago, Langbart said:
  • The capturing of buildings is gone, but destroying buildings takes quite a long time, unless you have siege weapons. The enemy army took almost 3min to destroy a siege workshop while I pumped out 5 more rams.

Yeah, I can make buildings a little weaker.

34 minutes ago, Langbart said:

After researching "Unlock champions infantry" in the barracks, it tells me they are available in the barracks but end up in the fortress. This is your intention, just the info I get from the window is wrong.

Oops, that's a big one. I'll remove those techs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

1. Do you think I should keep Outposts capturable? I've removed capturing CCs.

Sure, why would you want to remove it?

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

2. Do you think I should throw Theban Greeks into the mod as a nice little bonus? 

Sure, why not?

When starting a random "Alpine Valley" map, I get some errors. I used the Github "theban_greeks" version.

The issue is resolved via theban_greeks-master/simulation/data/civs/theb.json

theb.thumb.jpg.0ce95d49092b569488287061db3b7cb1.jpg

Edited by Langbart
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Langbart said:

but it might end up being buried in the forum

Fine with me.

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

1. Do you think I should keep Outposts capturable? I've removed capturing CCs.

Wouldn't that make them even worse compared to sentry towers. Also doesn't particularly fit the special case relics et al.

On 26/03/2021 at 6:01 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:
On 26/03/2021 at 4:33 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

limited resource farm

Better yet, if we make this possible to "reseed" in the Farmstead.

So I have made a kind of 'reseeding' concept for my City Building mod. Basically I made fields to have finite resources (default is 1000 grain) and unit assigned to farm the field will automatically rebuild the field once it is depleted. I cannot create pull request to the mod, but I have tested it and so far there is no problem.

I attached the mod below. If you want to test, you can set the resource supply to 4 grains or something so you can see the loop.

FarmReseed.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azayrahmad said:

So I have made a kind of 'reseeding' concept for my City Building mod. Basically I made fields to have finite resources (default is 1000 grain) and unit assigned to farm the field will automatically rebuild the field once it is depleted. I cannot create pull request to the mod, but I have tested it and so far there is no problem.

I attached the mod below. If you want to test, you can set the resource supply to 4 grains or something so you can see the loop.

FarmReseed.zip 174 kB · 1 download

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 10 months later...

How is this mod going? Will some game settings from Age of Empires 3 and Age of Mythology be considered?
For example, workers no longer need warehouse and granary buildings, and can directly gather resources from mines, quarries, trees, animal carcasses, and berry bushes.
  Farmers can work in fields with a model granary in the middle, and a field is limited to 10 people?
I think these designs are also great to reduce the player's actions and allow you to focus more on combat.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...