Worst building in the game?

Player of 0AD

Worst building in the game?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst building in the game?

• Greek Theatron
    • Ptolemies' Lighthouse
    • Kushites' Blemmye Camp
    • Mauryans' Ashoka Column
    • Another one

Looks like I have to explain why I consider the Blemmye Camp as even worse than the Column:

- each Camp reduces the limit for Noba villages by one

- you can train only merc jav cav from the camp, better train jav cav from stables and CCs

- if you want to have a military building in neutral territory, just build a Noba village instead. It cannot train cav, but you can send your cav easily through the map and garrison it there

- the camp will damage you more than the opponent, because it's a waste of metal

- at the other hand the colums might be even useful in rare situations

• Like 1

In my opinion it has to be Carthaginian barracks and stable as it is now - it costs like most other barracks (200 wood and 100 stone (50 for stable)) but only lets you train spearman and an archer unit from barracks and only cavalry javelin from stables - cost/benefit is horrible for this civilisation when you can only make three maximum embassies per game - until the proposal made by fatherbushido is implemented (proposed on this topic, second page, with video example), these buildings will stay the worst unit production buildings in cost/benefit spectrum in the game - where is the balance in this? How can barracks/stable cost so much and yet provide so little diversity?

5 hours ago, Alar1k said:

In my opinion it has to be Carthaginian barracks and stable as it is now - it costs like most other barracks (200 wood and 100 stone (50 for stable)) but only lets you train spearman and an archer unit from barracks and only cavalry javelin from stables - cost/benefit is horrible for this civilisation when you can only make three maximum embassies per game - until the proposal made by fatherbushido is implemented (proposed on this topic, second page, with video example), these buildings will stay the worst unit production buildings in cost/benefit spectrum in the game - where is the balance in this? How can barracks/stable cost so much and yet provide so little diversity?

Already implemented in Delenda Est and it works great. Adds diversity back to the Carthaginian military buildings, and may give a reason for the base game to unlock their Archery Range

• Like 2

On 24/03/2021 at 11:43 AM, Alar1k said:

Barracks? No... Spearmen and Archers are already a good team. The stables are not too bad neither. Javelin cavalry is strong and you can also make champion cavalry. The stables of ptolemies and macedonians are similar.

I'd say that those buildings are much better than every single one which I've nominated here.