The release of Alpha 24 and the recent announcements about AOE 4.

mysticjim

1 hour ago, mysticjim said:

Regarding your comments directly towards me, I don't understand your comment about my 'anti attitude against lone developers.' I'm not clear precisely what you mean, and apologies if I've misunderstood. I'm certainly not anti or against lone developers and don't think I've ever expressed any such opinion. 

51 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Maybe don't cause distracting drama? Lol

My word count, post count, etc, is so low that I don't think you have noticed yet that I abhor drama?

So you are apparently OK with breaking changes crippling modders. But that's not LOL in my book .

Why would you encourage further marketing of the current anti-modder paradigm by focusing on PR instead? What future does that lead 0 A.D. toward?

35 minutes ago, happyconcepts said:

So you are apparently OK with breaking changes crippling modders. But that's not LOL in my book .

Well, we are modding an in-development freeware title. I've been very frustrated in the past about the modding situation, but if that's your current issue then that's not what you lead with in this thread.

37 minutes ago, happyconcepts said:

Why would you encourage further marketing of the current anti-modder paradigm by focusing on PR instead? What future does that lead 0 A.D. toward?

Why didn't you say this to begin with, since it's relevant to the thread topic and actually a pertinent observation?

3 hours ago, happyconcepts said:

It is not my duty to hold you accountable @mysticjim to your own words but here is a friendly reminder quote.

When you write so many words that you ignore or "dont remember" what you've said.

Lone developers working on vanity projects do exist, and I suggested 0AD isn't that project (which it isn't). But when context is taken into consideration and is applied logically, that also suggests that not all lone developers are working purely on vanity projects, which clearly they aren't - and clearly I didn't suggest they were either - nor did I suggest a lone developer working on a vanity project is good or bad. The logic you're applying is akin to announcing that I'm allergic to rabbits, therefore I must be anti or against all furry animals, presumably because you say I do.

And exactly what is wrong with a lone developer working on a vanity project if that's what makes them happy? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/04/2021 at 8:59 AM, mysticjim said:

Lone developers working on vanity projects do exist, and I suggested 0AD isn't that project (which it isn't). But when context is taken into consideration and is applied logically, that also suggests that not all lone developers are working purely on vanity projects, which clearly they aren't - and clearly I didn't suggest they were either - nor did I suggest a lone developer working on a vanity project is good or bad. The logic you're applying is akin to announcing that I'm allergic to rabbits, therefore I must be anti or against all furry animals, presumably because you say I do.

And exactly what is wrong with a lone developer working on a vanity project if that's what makes them happy? 

Let me know when you want to stop trying to make excuses and start a discussion instead.

Nothing wrong with you working on your lone youtube channel project to make your ego happy. What's wrong in my book is your attitude toward other's projects and so I think that isn't what 0 AD needs from a PR perspective. I suspect its your ego but I am only speculating.

and BTW I gave a view to your 4v4 rumble video posted today.

@mysticjim

Edited by happyconcepts
Tag for the other party

On 10/04/2021 at 3:26 PM, happyconcepts said:

Please do not ignore like the others. i posted here twice last night. My other post, about the lack of WFG providing a Linux build of A24 for Ubuntu 18.04, is being ignored, for example, in favor of everyone chiming in here.

On linux mint(a.k.a. lightweight ubunto ripoff) everything seems just fine.

• Like 1