Suggestion: "Hidding behind the trees for ambush"

faction02

I was wondering if it could be nice to have something like an "ambush site".

The idea is to have a building serving only to hide units from the enemy in a specific spot. The ambush site could be used to ambush faster units, valuable units or units with better range. It would be an alternative way to defend against camels or spear cavalry rushes for example. It would provide you with some vision when soldiers are inside.  Even after being spotted, the ambush site could provide some passive defense since the enemy would not know whether some units are inside and getting close would be therefore risky in any case. In latter game, it might be used to ambush valuable units such as sieges. You might also use it to hide some skirmishers from the enemy chasing them.

I have in  mind something like a small building which looks like a bunch of trees (don't know if that's feasible). It should be cheap, fast to build, could be built on any territory. For the ambush to make sense, the building should not be visible on the minimap. It should be small enough such that the enemy don't spot it by moving the cursor around too easily( maybe the size of an iberian house). I think however that it should look like a bunch of trees to allow to formulate guesses about potential ambushes and catch the idea that units are "hidding behind trees" (if you spot a bunch of trees next to your additional berries, you should be worried or if you see some soldiers disappear somewhere, you could guess they hide  in those trees). The building should be available in P1 and easy to destroy too after you spot it. 

I remember a post mentioning that guerilla technics were specific to Britons, I think it could be a fun addition to that civilization (especially if dogs could be hidden there since they have no economic utility).

Would something like this be feasible?

Does that sounds nice? 

Thanks for your feedback! :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Setting up ambushes and waiting form an enemy to show up does not seem worthwhile to me at higher levels

True indeed, but what if you would balance it with time limited strong attack bonus? i.e + 50 attack for the first  30 sec when the troops leave the forest. So you can make a big impact even with a small amount of solders. This might be worth setting them aside as a future investment.

It of course makes only sense in a biome with plenty of forest that you cannot avoid.