Add a special civilisation tech for Iberian slingers

Alar1k

There should be an option to upgrade Iberian slingers and make them better slingers than Gaul/Athenian/Ptole  - I have seen from a few forums that there are proposals to make Iberian slingers stand out for being better then other civ slingers from historical perspecitve so I put this proposal like this:
a
Make a tech at phase 2 or 3 that would add +2 crush damage and change the price from 30 stone to 30 metal for slingers and name the tech "Metal missiles"

This would be like an archery tradition but for slingers - it should also take into account Iberian mercenary slingers for Carthage

• Like 3

"Lead Sling Bullets" works for a Forge tech (Slingers +10% pierce and crush ranged attack).

And then a "Slinging Tradition" tech (Slingers -50% experience needed for promotion) for both Balearic Slingers and Rhodian Slingers at their respective Barracks. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alar1k said:

There should be an option to upgrade Iberian slingers and make them better slingers than Gaul/Athenian/Ptole  - I have seen from a few forums that there are proposals to make Iberian slingers stand out for being better then other civ slingers from historical perspecitve so I put this proposal like this:
a
Make a tech at phase 2 or 3 that would add +2 crush damage and change the price from 30 stone to 30 metal for slingers and name the tech "Metal missiles"

This would be like an archery tradition but for slingers - it should also take into account Iberian mercenary slingers for Carthage

One thing to keep in mind is Balearics were a separate people from Iberians.

Iberians themselves were not particularly good with slings; they use javelins way more.

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...